Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Took 40D to cemetery today
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Took 40D to cemetery today Reply with quote

Yesterday I took my spotmatic to this cemetery (shots posted in B&W film gallery). Today I went back with my 40D and my 70-200 f/4L lens. Yesterday it was bright and sunny today it was a little overcast. Here is what I came away with.

#1 Original shot

#2 converted to B&W

#3 converted to B&W with high structure

#4 original shot

#5 B&W conversion

#6 As an added bonus I managed an unexpected BIF shot.

#7 just for fun converted it to B&W

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I first thought your 40D was broken. Wink

Nice shots. A cemetary often offers interesting subjects, esp. if it is an old one.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@luis Broken? I've only had it a couple of months. I hope it is not broken. I better check it out. Laughing

The front of the cemetery near the small chapel has graves that date from the mid to late 1800's further in they are more recent. For some reason there are several markers that are shaped like tree trunks scattered about the area. They are about 7-8ft tall. This is the only cemetery I have seen them in, not that I have been to a lot of them.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adent wrote:
@luis Broken? I've only had it a couple of months. I hope it is not broken. I better check it out. Laughing

Well, because of the title!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
I first thought your 40D was broken. Wink

Laughing I confess that my first thought too was that the 40D was given the last goodbye.

Reg. the photos, I like the contrast of the second image, but I could do without the grain effect.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh OK, sorry I was a little dense there. I had just woke up when I saw your post. Embarassed

The grain effect was just one of the presets in Silver efex pro. I have a real example of this shot in the Black and white film section. Those were taken a day earlier with a spotmatic. The contrast there was real as the shot was taken in mid day sun.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that if you edit the preset to take off the grain, it could be just right.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here it is without the grain. I really need to get ready for work. I don't think being on this forum will be a good excuse as to why I am late.... Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I confirm my opinion Laughing this way does it for me.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Yes, I confirm my opinion Laughing this way does it for me.

+1