Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Still-lifes from the past
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Still-lifes from the past Reply with quote

I found some old paper prints, taken sometime in 1985. Scanned with my cheap HP Deskjet F4580.

Appearently I was keen on Irving Penn´s still-lifes then. Smile

#1. From series "Rust Never Sleeps". Kodak Pan X film, developed in Rodinal.

#2. The Winner. Agfapan 25 film, developed in Rodinal.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd shot is the winner, well done

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like both, but the first one is WOW. I love it!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 please, it's brilliant!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work, Markku!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is good stuff. i reckon you learned a bunch about composition, lighting and line ...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You guys.

Back then, after graduating, and the compulsory military service, I was unemployed a few months. My girlfriend left for work every morning, and I had only time, a Nikon FE, 55 mm Micro-Nikkor, 28 and 135 mm lenses. Enough money for a few rolls of B&W film, a good library with Ansel Adams et al books and a communal darkroom (for free) near where I lived.

Then I got some work, and a house, and kids, and every day had only 24 hours...I´m sure that you know what I´m talking about.