Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A Hefty Monocrhome Dose from This Past Week
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: A Hefty Monocrhome Dose from This Past Week Reply with quote

First up: Pentax K2, Sigma 35-80mm, Foma 100, yellow filter

1: Hilton (I think, maybe Marriott) in downtown SF.

2: Reflection on the Hilton (or Marriott.)

This shot needs to be re-taken straight on.

Next: Pentax K2, Samyang 18-28mm, Foma 400, 'tobacco' filter

1: Tree shadow on some department store

2: Another view, this time with a fountain

3: A fountain, f22, two-second exposure

4: Protesting rich people in a wealthy town does not energize the locals to action.

I was curious about what a tobacco-colored filter does. In theory, it should be green and red , lightening both somewhat, darkening blue, and robbing the lens of about a half-stop (it's a bit lighter than an ND2 filter.) In practice, it seems to have muddied the image and reduced contrast overall. I'll have to try it on the K-7 and compare shots with and without, in monochrome, to see if my assumption is correct.

Third: Nikon FTN and 150mm Nikkor-P. No filter (bent filter ring)
1: Much better weather today than the first time I visited this statue in SOMA.

2: For those of you with really keen eyes, the statues in the second shadow picture above, in Walnut Creek, is this same statue. However, the one in WC is also a fountain.

Lastly: Nikon F3, Tokina 28-200, Efke 100, UV filter.

1: Interesting. I wonder what this is.

2: A fountain

3: Cruising for french fries

4: Standard establishing shot

This Efke film is amazing. I enjoyed its results as much as seeing the Adox last week. Nice tonal range, great detail without noticeable grain. This is an absolutely wonderful film. AND it comes in reusable canisters, which makes home processing easier.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite is #2 of "Next"
really interesting shadow play.