Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Elmarit-R 2.8/90mm second version, worth of 340€?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Elmarit-R 2.8/90mm second version, worth of 340€? Reply with quote

I have opportunity to buy Elmarit-R 2.8/90mm second version made ~1993 for 340€, mechanically and optically it's fine, but has bended lens shade (looks fixable) and some small usage marks. I already own early first version of Elmarit 2.8/90 and Summicron 2/90 and AME 2.8/100. But I can eventually replace the first version and Summicron with this lenst.
What do you think? Is the price good?
(and I'm still looking for Planar 1.4/85, so maybe I should spare my money for this lens)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit on the high side perhaps. I've seen the Summicron 90 selling for 400 euros. I'm no expert on the pricing of Leica R lenses though.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Elmarit-R 2.8/90mm second version, worth of 340€? Reply with quote

BRunner wrote:
I have opportunity to buy Elmarit-R 2.8/90mm second version made ~1993 for 340€, mechanically and optically it's fine, but has bended lens shade (looks fixable) and some small usage marks. I already own early first version of Elmarit 2.8/90 and Summicron 2/90 and AME 2.8/100. But I can eventually replace the first version and Summicron with this lenst.
What do you think? Is the price good?
(and I'm still looking for Planar 1.4/85, so maybe I should spare my money for this lens)

Can you show a photo?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, according SN it's one from latest batches.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the same price I will ask for mine - which is also E55
It's the right price for the lens. And it's totally worth it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

I agree except for the banged up hood.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

Can you please share first 4 digits of SN from your lens? If it's made in '90s and is in better condition than this lens, I'd be interested.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you getting these lenses so cheap? I just had to pay $500 for a 1984 model on Ebay.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zster wrote:
Where are you getting these lenses so cheap? I just had to pay $500 for a 1984 model on Ebay.

The dollar is weak at the time.
500$ = 377€
minus 37€ for the bended lens hood it's about the same price Wink

Bye the way, except some brands which are more common here lenses are generally cheaper in the USA than in central+west Europe.
In many cases you pay the dollar price but in euro, also for a new lens.

But for example used Carl Zeiss Jena, Pentacon, Meyer Gorlitz, Revue, Porst, Enna Munchen, Steinheil, Rodenstock, Schneider Kreuznach,... lenses are going often a lot cheaper on Ebay.de than on Ebay.com as they are slightly more common in Germany than anywhere else and so on. Maybe also Leitz which is also a German brand (but they exported a lot).