Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Go Round
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: The Go Round Reply with quote

(M9, C Sonnar 1.5/50 ZM)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Present and the past. Or the past and the future. Hard to tell.
I like it! Excellent catch!
I'd like to know what she was thinking at.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice...but it looks like the Roman soldier is a dummy Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments, guys.

Himself wrote:
Present and the past. Or the past and the future. Hard to tell.

Or The Wheel of Time. Smile That's what I considered as title first. But I don't like my titles to be too descriptive nor to give away too much.
(In fact, I do not like to title photos at all, but a thread requires a title).
When I saw the scene, and quickly grabbed the camera to take it, I thought it could be poetic, I hoped for that.
But when I reviewed the photo in the computer, I noticed that it was quite brutal instead. Like a slap on the face.
Maybe it's because of the Zeiss lens, quite 3D and descriptive to the detail.
But doesn't matter. Brutal helps it not to become too sweet. That's also why I could keep the colour.
Initially I thought I would make it B&W. But then the background was too busy so I kept the colour as it offered me one more tool to make the foreground stand out better.

My photos usually do not show themselves as post-processed, because I like it natural and I like it little. But in this case, there's been quite a lot of adjustment to the RAW original.
Not sure if I can really call it post-pro, because it all happened before conversion, so I guess I should call it simply processing.

Himself wrote:
I like it! Excellent catch!
I'd like to know what she was thinking at.

I actually ask myself what the girl who looks at her was thinking. I wonder if she would realize how short it is and how fast it goes.
But I bet not. Si jeunesse savait... (si vieillesse pouvait)
That's another discarded title Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I wonder if she would realize how short it is and how fast it goes.

Not yet, Orio. Not yet.
Most of them, never.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contrast of youth and age - lovely. I know how the old lady feels!

patrickh