Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujifilm X-Pro1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Fujifilm X-Pro1 Reply with quote

Not quite official but if the specs are true it's a hell of a camera.. system, at least for me Very Happy
http://www.theverge.com/2012/1/5/2684044/fujifilm-x-pro1-mirrorless-camera-details-leak
http://www.x100forum.com/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F3280-fujifilm-x-pro1-details-leaked%2F

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is really something special - Leica M9 for poor Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds really good. Perhaps too good to br true. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.amazon.com/Fujifilm-Lens-X-Pro1-35mm-F1-4/dp/tech-data/B006UL00R6/ref=de_a_smtd Very Happy (only the lens, i think)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from photorumors

Quote:

Sensor
The new sensor called X-Trans is a classic 16-megapixel. RGB filter is arranged in random blocks of 6x6 pixels which avoids the need for AA filter. This design requires a faster processor - the X-Pro 1 has a new EXR Processor Pro.

Lenses
XF 18mm f/2 R
XF 35mm f/1.4 R
XF 60mm f/2.4 R Macro
Later this year Fuji will introduce more lenses, including a telephoto and probably a 23mm f/ 2.0.
Fuji will also launch their own M bayonet adapter for Leica lenses! This is what I have been waiting for! It also explains this post from a while back.

Viewfinder
Similar hybrid viewfinder like in the x100. The X-Pro 1 will have two optical degrees of magnification: x0.37 for wider lenses and x0.60 for the other lenses. This function will be controlled by the menu and can be set manually for third party lenses.

How to use ovf with MF lenses? I guess MF lenses will be restricted to evf mode.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The camera looks really beautiful!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i said i'd never give my love to another crop cam...but..but...she's so prrrretty...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am totally clueless in regards to mirrorless cameras and NEX. So it's a rangefinder that is accurate enought to get precise compositions while shooting macro work? Wonder what it'll cost?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@kram: I think it has live-view like ussual compact cameras so you may focus via LCD

I think that is camera which could replace my film rangefinder:) but it´ll be soo expensive:(

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does the crop factor effect on your film lenses FL not concern you?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preview now available:
http://www.dpreview.com/previews/fujifilmxpro1/

This is interesting for MF lens users:
"The X-mount's claim to fame, though, is an extremely short flange distance (from mount surface to sensor) of 17.7mm - shorter even than Sony's E-mount for its NEX system."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Handsome little devil, as good looking as the X100 and X10

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

berraneck wrote:
@kram: I think it has live-view like ussual compact cameras so you may focus via LCD

I think that is camera which could replace my film rangefinder:) but it´ll be soo expensive:(

Thanks berraneck. So you'd better be on a tripod using liveview for critical work like macro. Not my cuppa tea.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kram wrote:
I am totally clueless in regards to mirrorless cameras and NEX. So it's a rangefinder that is accurate enought to get precise compositions while shooting macro work? Wonder what it'll cost?

Henry in Toronto says "will accept a pre-order with $1,700", though the price may change after FUJI decides
how much it should be sold(seems to be a fixed price). This price if for a body only!!!!
See > http://www.henrys.com/67467-FUJIFILM-X-PRO-1-DIGITAL-BODY.aspx

The finder has only two magnification modes, wide and normal. However each pre-set frame lines are displayable
by your choice I think. You may have to use LCD for macro shooting just like with Sony NEXs.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kram wrote:
I am totally clueless in regards to mirrorless cameras and NEX. So it's a rangefinder that is accurate enough to get precise compositions while shooting macro work? Wonder what it'll cost?

It's rangefinder-styled but doesn't have a rangefinder focusing mechanism. Mirrorless cameras use the data from the sensor (contrast detect auto focus) for auto focus.

It has a hybrid optical / electronic viewfinder. The image through the optical viewfinder can be overlayed with information such as the auto focus location but this can be inaccurate in macro because of parallex errors. If you want accurate compositions for macro you can switch to the electronic viewfinder (or use the LCD).

Price: $1700 body, $650 lenses.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For MF-lenses:

- Flange distance is very short: 17.7mm
- There is a shoot without lens option in the menu.
- Fuji are going to release an m-mount adapter.
- You can adjust the frame lines shown in the OVF (which has two different fields of view I think) and can also set up lens profiles.
See end of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk8A3Bc8R4g&feature=plcp&context=C317ce06UDOEgsToPDskLzhph_bG0FznNIUlSp5Cxj

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sure looks like a camera and not a toy. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a DSLR guy. You can buy a whole lotta DSLR for $1700. Does look fun though!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great and I'm very curious about the IQ of new sensor.... But at this price, I can get second slightly used 5DmkII body...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite expensive..... But if looking at alternative to bloody M9, it looks just nice especially it adapts to M mount....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a full frame Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I do want a mirrorless full frame.

W&S Cool

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JkjbSLl0Yaw

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, price is a disappointment. If you charge clients 1,700 dollars or euros then for ffs your product should also be equivalent to what you can acquire with the same amount of money. Handling, focusing, lens range... sorry this is a dud for me and I won't touch it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:
I agree, price is a disappointment. If you charge clients 1,700 dollars or euros then for ffs your product should also be equivalent to what you can acquire with the same amount of money. Handling, focusing, lens range... sorry this is a dud for me and I won't touch it.

But a D4 also cost a small fortunes?

Price change?
http://www.expansys.com/fujifilm-x-pro1+35mm-f-1-4-227647/?siteID=TnL5HPStwNw-nWNZf9NTFInduiz67y_QgA&ito=LKSTnL5HPStwNw