Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 28mm f3.5 Macro and sharpness
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Nikkor 28mm f3.5 Macro and sharpness Reply with quote

in this thread i want to discuss, sharpness, micro contrast, and macro capabilities of this lens.

as You can see i have beaten up copy from 1963? is this right?

but i cant help to think it is a very good one!

One thing to note, there is no difference in image sharpness if i step this lens down! ofc there might be a very slight one but it is clearly not as defined as with other lenses i saw.

some macro shots on bellows f8
non processed

100% crop

here i tweaked the colors greatly so there is masking and noise reduction..

now these are 200% crops from close up's with bellows:
f3.5

f5.6

f8

this is the full image @ f8

these are crops at infinity (the uploader messed up the names so i only know the brightest is f3.5)

i also have a thread with pictures from this lens from a trip to the forest
http://forum.mflenses.com/a-walk-in-the-forest-nikkor-h-28mm-f3-5-t46063.html

I would really like to hear opinions and thoughts, since this lens is pretty cheap but performs as a winner.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first two digits of the serial number do not necessarily give the year of manufacture. Look here.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice macro shots... what lighting have you used

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a plain 500w halogen light like this

only thing its glass is white and not pransparent ( and the reason is some white rubber melted inside and fumed the glass not intentionally Laughing )

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free diffuser Laughing .
Goes to show that some lenses look used for a reason, the results you get with it are very nice indeed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sichko wrote:
The first two digits of the serial number do not necessarily give the year of manufacture. Look here.

Thanks acording to this my lens was made sometime in 1969.. that was a good year... Cool Laughing

Ymmot wrote:
Free diffuser .
Goes to show that some lenses look used for a reason, the results you get with it are very nice indeed.

Thanks maybe it is a good copy Very Happy if one would ignore it looks.
and yes this rubber came very handy Smile

I only wonder about the performance of other copies... i would be glad if anyone posted his results