Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

did pentax make a dandy 35mm lens in k-mount?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: did pentax make a dandy 35mm lens in k-mount? Reply with quote

a friend has an ME and just bought a black ME super ...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentax A 35/2 or A 35/2.8

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ellepi wrote:
Pentax A 35/2 or A 35/2.8

Unfortunately the ME and ME Super aren't able to use the A settings. Wink

From the 35mm's available in Pentax mount I think the SMC PENTAX 35mm f/3.5 is a great one.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my friend wants a fastish one, but i will tell him of the 3.5. i have heard that it is excellent ...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would an m42 flek in adapter work with the ME/Super?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish4570 wrote:

Yes, the Pentaxes are the best bodies with regards to M42 compatibility: you will NEVER run into problems with the flange distance and hitting the mirror Smile

Fleks are a little bit expensive though... Maybe your friend can start with a SMC Pentax-M 35mm f/2.8? Easy to get while looking for a "better" lens. The SMC Pentax-M also works witt open aperture metering, the Flek will not.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:

From the 35mm's available in Pentax mount I think the SMC PENTAX 35mm f/3.5 is a great one.

much agreed, it's a specially nice lens, see: http://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/SMC-Pentax-K-35mm-F3.5-Lens.html

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the 35 3.5 is not bad at all! For it's price it is unbeatable! But the flek 35 2.4 if it is in condition is not worse it is even better. And if the money are not a problem the FA 35 2.0 is the best 35 2.0 I have ever seen! He can use it on digital as well it is one hell of a lens!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
fish4570 wrote:

Yes, the Pentaxes are the best bodies with regards to M42 compatibility: you will NEVER run into problems with the flange distance and hitting the mirror Smile

Fleks are a little bit expensive though... Maybe your friend can start with a SMC Pentax-M 35mm f/2.8? Easy to get while looking for a "better" lens. The SMC Pentax-M also works witt open aperture metering, the Flek will not.

Never might be too strong a word ! But rarely do they have a mirror problem with M42 . To be honest the only time I have had a problem is with my Isco 35mm. On the MX and the ME . No problems on my spotty or H3v or even the Kx .

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one ever seems to mention the Pentax-M 35mm f2, but it is an excellent lens. I have one and love it dearly--it's one of my very best lenses. It's also quite compact for the speed...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a lovely K 30/2.8. It is rare but I've seen them sell for ~$300. An excellent lens worth the money.

The Flektogon 35/2.5 is also excellent and allows close focusing.

The Pentax 30/2.8 is better build and possibly a touch sharper/more contrast wide open, but I wouldn't swear to it.

Another Pentax offering that doesn't get enough mention (IMO) is the A 28/2. A very useful fast lens that you can pick up for ~$350 if you are lucky. Of course the legendary K 28/2 which is a copy of the Zeiss 28/2 is much more rare and expensive. Probably a bit better (much bulkier) but I haven't tried it.