Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Florida/Anastasia - Adapted Soviet Cine Lens - Sony a850
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:57 am    Post subject: Florida/Anastasia - Adapted Soviet Cine Lens - Sony a850 Reply with quote

Last week I traveled down to Florida to visit Anastasia. I brought a lot of good lenses down with me. One of which was a newly acquired Lenkinap LOMO PO60-2 2/75mm, predecessor to the OKC1-75-1 from what I understand. This was an m42 adapted 35mm cinema lens. Quite a professional adaption job of which I'll show pictures of the actual lens soon. I was a little worried about full-frame coverage but there's little to no vignetting. Anyways...here are a few pics. Most are wide-open (except the palm tree one) or very close to it. I'll add more soon.

C&C always welcomed and appreciated!
~Marc

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good that you met with your muse again!
Nice series.
I vote for #4, great humour and composition!
The last one has a beautiful scenic element with that tree. I think however that you could use it better
with a more interactive pose of Anastasia. But, I know how things go with models, especially
if there's an involvement as you have with her - not all the days the interplay works as one would like to.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love #3 the best - themoleman342 -it would be great if you showed us the lens and adaption.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue hair was better in pics. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very much Florida indeed.
I like #2 best

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you made it there and nice landscape pics! Nice to see Anastasia back again
and would wish for portraits that would show her mesmerizing eyes better Wink

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the lens and some more samples. It's about the same size as a jupiter 9 but weighs a bit more. 352g vs. 533g.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful rendering with this cine lens, nice colors on the Sony

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice lens indeed and good contrast/colors/sharpness! Where did you find it?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharpness is quite good. For wide-open it's impressive:

(crop from pic above)

I had seen this lens on ebay maybe a year ago. When I went to go ask a question it had already been bought. The person who bought it, it turns out, was actually in the U.S. and they listed it a couple weeks ago.

It was no steal but it came at a price that just the lomo cinema optical blocks usually go for. I felt for as nice an adaptation as it was, it was well worth it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few more:

I'm currently editing another batch of photos taken predominately with the Pancolar 1.4/55mm and Mir 24m so look out for those posts!
Thanks for looking!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time I see this lens in action, thx for sharing Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great serie, this lens is indeed quite impressive Shocked !

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The character looks like the Helios 40.