Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First Shots - Rollei 6006
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: First Shots - Rollei 6006 Reply with quote

Hello, I got a batch of E-6 back from my first roll of film through the Rollei! I have to say I am a happy camper!

Though these are simply snapshots of some rocks at the beach, I already feel a certain "beauty of tone" and "creamy richness". Normally, shots of rocks can have bit of harshness, but these seem somehow very warm and inviting to me.

The Zeiss Planar 80/2.8 -- OUTSTANDING!
The functions and workmanship of the Rollei body -- OUTSTANDING!

I am anticipating getting some good shots in the years to come with this tool! Can you tell I'm excited about the prospects from this camera system? Very Happy

Planar 80 @ f:5.6
Shot from ground level - it is GREAT to be able to look down into the viewfinder on this type of shot. Colors are absolutely DEAD ON to the actual colors of the rocks. I am very happy about that. Applied only very light Unsharp Mask at 40/1/0. Coupled with the scanner, the clean image is evident in the sand grains at the foot of the image. Focus falloff to the back of the image due to f:5.6 aperture.

Planar 80 @f:2.8
The grain in the sandstone on the right is snapping-sharp. NO Unsharp Mask applied to this image. The "softness" in the upper part is due to focus falloff with the lens at f:2.8. Shadow detail is stunning. Shocked With minor tweaking in Photoshop, this image would be extremely clean, but I wanted to show, more or less, how it comes out of the camera/scanner production.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear Laurence. I am looking forward for more!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive results!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!

I am really happy for you. And what happens when a great cam, a fantastic lens and very talented photographer come together? Well, see above...

Excellent.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots, Larry... Impressive results.
The Planars are the top on my appreciation scale Wink

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots, luv the colors in that first one!

Bill

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

******g WOW!!!!!!!!
Nice to see a great camera in the hands of someone who can use it to its fullest.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These rocks look man-made rather than made by the nature itself.

Sometimes mother nature is the best artist. Very Happy

Great pictures of a great landscape.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh Laurence, I think you just helped me make up my mind where I'm going in MF cameras.