Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 40 - first Bokeh Stitch (panorama)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Helios 40 - first Bokeh Stitch (panorama) Reply with quote

Testing bokeh stitching Wink

(Nine images)

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works! I like it!

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Works! I like it!

Thx, and my other car Very Happy
(also nine pictures)

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you have any particular trouble while stitching the frames together?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ilguercio wrote:

Yes I have some trouble.

Smaller groups are easier, but 20+ pictures is difficult and I get errors...

Tobias, plz help Laughing

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice 3D pop !

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
ilguercio wrote:

Yes I have some trouble.

Smaller groups are easier, but 20+ pictures is difficult and I get errors...

Tobias, plz help Laughing

Me too, i noticed that wider focal lenghts are worse because they leave tons of ghosting which is complicated to solve.
I did a stupid pano this morning and i got 30/31 frames nicely aligned, the last one looks like i moved the camera but i was on tripod and the following images were stitched perfectly so i really don't know what's wrong sometimes.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it's learning by doing, I'm starting to figure out what software I like Very Happy

Here's a 18 picture stitch

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What software are you using?
Do you get the same errors with the same images among different softwares?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That last one is stunning, I love the rendering.....you becomes a serious concurrent for "Mister king of bokeh's pano" alias Thobias Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
Yes it's learning by doing, I'm starting to figure out what software I like Very Happy

Here's a 18 picture stitch

That's excellent Very Happy and I love the hint of tilt/shift too.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ilguercio wrote:
What software are you using?
Do you get the same errors with the same images among different softwares?

Some software are really picky, and I choose the Helios 40 because of it's difficult (sometimes swirly) bokeh to test software Wink
Some errors are the same and some not in different software.

I have tested:
- Photomerge in Photoshop
- ArcSoft Panorama Maker
- Hugin (open source), advanced stuff
- Autodesk Stitcher (the maker of famous software as Autocad, Maya, 3d studio Max etc.)
- Autostitch

All of them have their qualities, but I would rate them like this (with bokeh panos) after a very short testing period:

1. Autostitch: Easy, and you always seems to get a something back. My favorite so far.
2. Hugin (open source), nice application and you can do a lot of tweaking but it sometimes struggles with the stitching and you must go to manual mode. Manual mode is very neat but time consuming.
3. Autodesk Stitcher: Quality maker of software, neat layout and good blending. But it's eating memory and my machine hangs and the program shuts down very often.
4. Photomerge in photoshop: works ok with pictures with dept of field, but struggles with bokeh panos.
5. ArcSoft: Have Nvidia Cuda support, but application crashed when turned on. Results look really wierd on the tests I did

cheers
Lars

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
That last one is stunning, I love the rendering.....you becomes a serious concurrent for "Mister king of bokeh's pano" alias Thobias Very Happy

Tobias will always be the master Very Happy
(I'm just enjoying his guides)

Another Helios 40 stitch (14 images)

Hmm, missing a part on this one Wink

And another (boring image) test with 22 images

This was difficult, I had to clone back missing stuff.
I'll ask my wife if she can be my bokeh pano modell to see how it works.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:

Oh yessssssssssss, a bokeh pano from the MF lenses favorite model Laughing ......

Nice work!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
Nordentro wrote:

Oh yessssssssssss, a bokeh pano from the MF lenses favorite model Laughing ......

Nice work!

Thx Laughing

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
Nordentro wrote:

Nice work!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am newbie, and have not seen your wife. My interest is now highly piqued. Hahaha (it's true tho hahaha). Laughing

When you take your panoramic image series, do you primarily go from one side of the scene to the other side, in a horizontal line? Or do you take images in a vertical fashion? Or do you combine both ways of taking the photos? I have only stitched photos using the free Microsoft product called I think ICE and used the horizontal series technique.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ICE will do multiple layer stitches as well. I've done a few with decent results.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerris2 wrote:
I am newbie, and have not seen your wife. My interest is now highly piqued. Hahaha (it's true tho hahaha). Laughing

When you take your panoramic image series, do you primarily go from one side of the scene to the other side, in a horizontal line? Or do you take images in a vertical fashion? Or do you combine both ways of taking the photos? I have only stitched photos using the free Microsoft product called I think ICE and used the horizontal series technique.

I stitch both ways in the same photo like a chessboard or grid. I take photos different every time, pretty straight forward as long as the scene does not contain moving objects... Wink

My wife yes... jummy Laughing

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool pano there. Keep posting Smile

By the way how did you deal with vignetting? Do you remove it using lens correction on Photoshop or just crop the vignetting part of each shots and then stitch them?