Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How do I remove focusing screen from Petri FT EE?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: How do I remove focusing screen from Petri FT EE? Reply with quote

I actually have 2 questions:

1. Is it possible to remove the focusing screen & condenser lens on a Petri FT EE for cleaning without taking the camera apart?

2. Will diluted rubbing alcohol be OK for cleaning the aforementioned parts, or it stain them?

A replies would be greatly appreciated!

D. Rosales

Last edited by drosales on Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Writing titles in all capitals is not allowed here. Please retype your thread title normally.

Orio
admin.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1: no it is not.

2: Definitely not - ever.

The fresnel screen is plastic and alcohol can easily ruin it.

May I ask why you want to remove the screen? Just to clean it?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mos6502 wrote:
1: no it is not.

2: Definitely not - ever.

The fresnel screen is plastic and alcohol can easily ruin it.

May I ask why you want to remove the screen? Just to clean it?

Thanks for your reply! Yes, it needs to be removed to be cleaned. Are there any tips or tricks you know of which may help get the dust out the dist stuck between the FT EE fresnel and condenser without removing it(since it can only be removed by taking camera apart).

Thanks,
DR

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's not what you want to see written, but the best plan is try to ignore the dust. There isn't really any way you can get the spots out without dismantling the camera, which will be an expensive business if you have to get it done professionally. I know they can be irritating, but at least they won't be on the picture - !

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would Just find another with a clean screen. Petris are very inexpensive these days.