Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica Hexanon UC 15mm fisheye - Sony NEX-3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Konica Hexanon UC 15mm fisheye - Sony NEX-3 Reply with quote

Click on each images to get 1600px wide images!

Unprocessed images are here
http://forum.mflenses.com/konica-15mm-fisheye-t44872.html

Hi-res images are here

Last edited by Attila on Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:25 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the IQ very much, but its interesting to me that even with the crop factor taking this to about 22.5mm, there is noticeable fisheye effect. i wonder what comparitive result would be with zenitar 16mm mi never saw any distortion on my olly, but of course thats 2x crop factor...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Are you pleased with it?
The last one doesn't indicate any front lens problems! Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW

Such sharpness and contrast, very saturated colours, low distortion for this wide and the flare resistance in last pic are all very, very impressive indeed!

One hell of a nice lens, I am most envious!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of fisheyes but these are nice Attila.

#2 is my favorite

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Great! Are you pleased with it?
The last one doesn't indicate any front lens problems! Wink

Yes, over hundred lens test , more rare and rare amaze me a lens, this is a damn fine one. I never seen such a flair tolerance.
Everything is sharp from 1m to infinity , I love it very much Laughing I couldn't be happier. Many thanks again your help!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Yes, over hundred lens test , more rare and rare amaze me a lens, this is a damn fine one. I never seen such a flair tolerance. Everything is sharp from 1m to infinity , I love it very much Laughing I couldn't be happier.

That makes me a lot happier too! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series, look indeed a great lens

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
i like the IQ very much, but its interesting to me that even with the crop factor taking this to about 22.5mm, there is noticeable fisheye effect. i wonder what comparitive result would be with zenitar 16mm mi never saw any distortion on my olly, but of course thats 2x crop factor...

I think crop factor and subject what is count really on fish eye effects, some of my pictures effect minimally , some of them strongly.
Zenitar 16mm if copy is good a stunning lens really and most affordable lens.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Konica lenses are stunning me more and more everyday!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Attila. As always stunning images from you. your city is so beautiful.

This is really an A1 lens++ I think my Yashica ML 15mm f2.8 has met its match!1 Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

Nice to hear ! I wish to see you in Konica Fun Club !

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:
Wow Attila. As always stunning images from you. your city is so beautiful.

This is really an A1 lens++ I think my Yashica ML 15mm f2.8 has met its match!1 Very Happy Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Thank you! I have 24mm and 21mm Yashica based on them I think it is true Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konica 21mm is suppose to be superb as well.

http://www.buhla.de/Foto/Konica/Objektive/e21_4.html

Test:
http://www.pbase.com/pm/hexanon_21&page=all

Price:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Konica-21mm-f-4-Hexanon-AR-Lens-SLR-SN-7032442-/110709466513#ht_2021wt_948

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm 21mm due I have both f4 and f2.8 Wink f4 has two version what I know older silver nose and all black , but still full metal lens without grip. My oldest silver nose lens wasn't good as all black I sold it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

If it weren't by the register distance in most cases the price tag would be at least the double than the current for regular lenses (24 2.8, 28 3.5, 35 2.8, 50 f1.7 etc...). They were one of the few lens series that used on 4/3 with that 12Mp small pixel pitch were still performing reasonably sharp, all of them had similar rendering also.

Main weakness of all of them was harsh bokeh, maybe the 135 2.5, the 57mm and the 85 were still acceptable in that area.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of those images have the cheesy looking fisheye effect, you can see the distortion and recognise it, but it's not distracting. So many fisheye images seem to be taken just for the sake of using the lens and they look .......'cheesy'
Maybe these lovely images are different because of the skill of the person using it ? Maybe it's because Attila has an understanding of the lens and it's uses and limitations ?
But whatever, the lens obviously does a good job. I looked at those pictures without thinking "wow, a fisheye lens"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
None of those images have the cheesy looking fisheye effect, you can see the distortion and recognise it, but it's not distracting. So many fisheye images seem to be taken just for the sake of using the lens and they look .......'cheesy'
Maybe these lovely images are different because of the skill of the person using it ? Maybe it's because Attila has an understanding of the lens and it's uses and limitations ?
But whatever, the lens obviously does a good job. I looked at those pictures without thinking "wow, a fisheye lens"

Thank you! I think same what you did write , tasteful selection is not harm and even with many distortion just looking good.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting lens , Attila ! Be happy with it !
Thanks for sharing !

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yinyangbt wrote:
Very interesting lens , Attila ! Be happy with it !
Thanks for sharing !

I do Wink I love it really!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:

It's because Attila is using this lens on crop camera and the effect of FF fisheye isn't so pronounced. I have same experience with Zenitar 2.8/16 FE on my Pentax - very wide with strong distortion, but without the FE effect (wider FOV than Pentax 2.8/14). The good thing is, with well composed landscapes, you would not notice the distortion.
But on FF 5D this lens is so much more fun Smile