Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon Six set great condition [orio]
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Pentacon Six set great condition [orio] Reply with quote

For sale is a great Pentacon Six set.
It is my remaining Pentacon Six camera (I used to have three, this is the last one).
I need to sell it because after I bought the Contax 645, I am not using it anymore, and
it's a pity considering that it's in really great condition, as you can see.

I give two set options, and different prices:

BASIC SET
Pentacon Six camera, pentaprism with battery-powered light meter,
Carl Zeiss Jena Biometar 2.8/80 MC (multi-coated) lens, front lens cap,
original leather camera case (with Pentacon logo on it).

EXTENDED SET
Same stuff as basic set, plus:
- pit viewfinder with diopter regulation (very useful for people with imperfect sight)
- pit viewfinder with loupe for critical focusing precision

Photos 1-5 describe the basic set, photo 6 describes the additional items of extended set.
If you click on the pictures, a larger version will appear.

ITEMS CONDITION

Camera: it's in perfect working condition. All shutter times work regularly
(absolute precision can not be guaranteed, but surely within the tolerance limits)
Cloth curtains are clean, well tightened and without leaks. Same for seals.
Advance lever works regularly.
Of course you need to take care while loading the film, otherwise frame overlaps might occur.
This is true for ALL Pentacon Six cameras, not just this one.
There are detailed instructions on the net on how to load film properly.

Lens: it's in excellent condition. Perhaps some minimal paint loss if one
scrutinizes the barrel closely. Glasses are perfectly clear and without marks. Aperture works perfectly,
focusing is not uniformly fluid but still in full 100% working order.

The metering pentaprism is clean and the meter is working - I am not using since a while and the battery
is now exhausted, but it always worked, so I can't see why it shouldn't be still working now.

The leather case is in good condition, there's only the two corners on the front that would need some glue and
perhaps a few stitches with needle and thread, to keep the glued parts together. But this is only cosmetical,
if you don't mind this particular, you can use the case normally and it will serve you perfectly.

Additional items:
Both the diopter adjustment finder, and the loupe finder, are in perfect working condition.

THE PRICES:

BASIC SET: 150 Euros
Note that on Ebay I often see the camera + Biometar zebra (single coated) for more than this price.
Here I offer the Biometar multicoated, the working metering pentaprism and the original leather cover.
So I think the price is really a bargain.

ADDITIONAL SET: 200 Euros
This includes all the items in the Basic set plus the two additional viewfinders.

DIOPTER VIEWFINDER ALONE (only available if the basic set has already been sold): 40 Euros

LOUPE VIEWFINDER ALONE (only available if the basic set has already been sold): 40 Euros

Note: if you want the basic set, but with one of the two additional viewfinders in stead of the metering viewfinder,
it is ok for me, just let me know.

Shipping cost must be added, and if you pay with Paypal, the paypal fees on the total of items+shipping will be added.
Bank (wire) transfer is welcome, it is faster than you think, and with it you will not pay the Paypal fee.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An awesome deal!

Hard to find great working cams like this.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I wish I could afford this, working P6s in great condition are like hen's teeth.