Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My newest ...Kodak 35 RF
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: My newest ...Kodak 35 RF Reply with quote

A little anodizing missing but it all works as it is supposed to. Very small window for the rangefinder but it is very easy to focus none the less. Cost was $12.00 US plus shipping on Ebay. Those bargains are still out there.

Voted the ugliest 35mm camera...I kind of like it! Laughing

Last edited by Big Dawg on Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the ugliest right...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Holy Sh!t that thing is ugly! Laughing

.... in a cute way. (don't cry little camera you're not alone.)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

We'll soon see how ugly it shoots soon.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Attila wrote:

Holy Sh!t that thing is ugly! Laughing

.... in a cute way. (don't cry little camera you're not alone.)

Is that a comment on my Avatar photo?? Huh? Is it? Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a very clean example. The Anastar lenses are Tessar types. Should give very nice results. Kodak only made a few RF camera models which seems odd with all the different cameras they made.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has a certain charm though !

I have one unfortunately I have not yet finished repairing it. Its also nowhere near as nice and clean as yours.

The challenge with these is getting to the area between the second and third groups, if there is haze there.
There is a very tough ring to remove.

Otherwise repair is very simple.

The lens is supposed to be very good.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dof wrote:
That's a very clean example. The Anastar lenses are Tessar types. Should give very nice results. Kodak only made a few RF camera models which seems odd with all the different cameras they made.

Lots of Retina RF's. Just not a lot of American made ones. Like my medalist 1 a lot.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
It has a certain charm though !

I have one unfortunately I have not yet finished repairing it. Its also nowhere near as nice and clean as yours.

The challenge with these is getting to the area between the second and third groups, if there is haze there.
There is a very tough ring to remove.

Otherwise repair is very simple.

The lens is supposed to be very good.

Thanks for the info Luis. Thankfully this one's lens is crystal clear. Can't wait to run a roll through it. Glad I got the manual as well. Nice to know how you really can use it rather than play around to find out!! Laughing Laughing Strange having to push the release button to get it to wind and cock the shutter.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are all so... un-pc!!!!

It isn't ugly it's simply "differently attractive". Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it shoots well cos it sure is an ugly duckling!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That camera is wonderful, been looking them for a while.
You plan to get the military version too?

But I'm sort of a Kodak fan a.k.a. masochist.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tikkathree wrote:
You guys are all so... un-pc!!!!

It isn't ugly it's simply "differently attractive". Wink

I like that!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I hope it shoots well cos it sure is an ugly duckling!

May turn into a swan when I shoot it!! Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
That camera is wonderful, been looking them for a while.
You plan to get the military version too?

But I'm sort of a Kodak fan a.k.a. masochist.

No but I am looking at the Chevron and the Ektar. Interesting cameras. I have the Medalist I but plan on sending it to Grizzly mountain for the conversion to 120 film. We are not masochists...just appreciate the difficult.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Anastar is a good lens - it should give good results. Most of these have triplets, so you lucked out with this one.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't seem so ugly to me...
Similar aesthetics as the Signette. We have to think in the time it was built, the technology available, the design fashion in those days.
Look forward to see your samples. Congrats for such a nice acquisition, seems to be in a fine status.

Regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one of these a couple of years back, picked up in a lot effectively for free. I couldn't believe how small the viewfinder window was Laughing

I affectionately called it the Frankencamera until it was sold to make way for more lenses Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mos6502 wrote:
The Anastar is a good lens - it should give good results. Most of these have triplets, so you lucked out with this one.

So far I've read good reviews on the lens and hope they are true.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
It doesn't seem so ugly to me...
Similar aesthetics as the Signette. We have to think in the time it was built, the technology available, the design fashion in those days.
Look forward to see your samples. Congrats for such a nice acquisition, seems to be in a fine status.

Regards,
Jes.

This one and the Argus C3 have a steam punk look to them. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
I had one of these a couple of years back, picked up in a lot effectively for free. I couldn't believe how small the viewfinder window was Laughing

I affectionately called it the Frankencamera until it was sold to make way for more lenses Laughing

They may be small but the rangefinder is much easier to use than a lot of rangefinders of more modern build. Just not sure yet how accurate it is.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be a cool camera to dress up -- maybe gold plated hardware, snake skin leather ... Smile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BD Keep an eye out for the kodak 80 signet lenses and camera they are very nice! Kodak did have some hidden treasures back in its early days.Post up some samples from that little 35 when you can.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One of the most interesting US Military Cameras is the Kodak 35 made for submarine service during W.W.II. Olive green, it was supplied in a special wooden case with instructions for attaching to the periscope.

http://www.cameraquest.com/nikonmil.htm

Why on earth someone would want to do that. Wouldn't any other camera be easier to attatch to a periscope. Smile

BTW, one should always check what year the webpage is, I know that military is often conservative, but:
Quote:
Digital Kodak DCS420, which is based on the Nikon N90s, in use now by the U.S. Marines

Ok, even 2003 that was very obsloete ..

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dof wrote:
This would be a cool camera to dress up -- maybe gold plated hardware, snake skin leather ... Smile

Too much Bling for an old Redneck like me. Laughing