Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

November Porc - part one
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:09 am    Post subject: November Porc - part one Reply with quote

November Porc in Zibello, the homeland of Culatello.
The photos in this thread have been taken with the Orion-15 6/28
Almost all of them (except for a couple) with the lens set for hyperfocal.
Click on the images for a slightly larger version:

#3 Dancing in the street

#5 The King Smile

#9 Hanged culatelli (sigh...)

#11 Lardo di Colonnata

#12 Porcini

#13 Other hanged culatelli (sigh again)

#16 So crowded that it was almost impossible to walk!

#30 Polenta for me Smile

#32 Dog or baby? Laughing

#33 Note the great geometric performance of this wide angle lens! The picture was not corrected!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good pictures. Looks like a cold day!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting pictures and some are "popping" on my monitor.......I had to look up "November Porc" on google as "November pig" in English confused me Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe Very Happy that's because November is the fog month par excellence here, and foggy weather is one of the key factors for the proper seasoning of our pork food products Wink

Yes, it was a cold day (+4C°), but not so bad after all. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series, great market!
quite gray weather, have you used the Orion at F6 or closed down
you pushed iso on the M9 and color noise is visible on some pics

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots and obviously a great lens for that (no need to focus)!
Thanks for sharing this interesting market with so much yumm,y,
and surely very healthy products (esp. Lardo...) Wink Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wanna go there immediately Crying or Very sad
very nice series - the images show that you enjoyed the day.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series. A whole festival dedicated to pork products. Sounds like heaven!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely series again Orio, in spite of the poor light.

Have you posted a picture of the lens anywhere?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are incredible, in this cold I would stay in nice room , not on street Shocked . Lens seems do it's job very well!

Nice report!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!
For the questions:

- I used the lens at f/8 with focusing set to 3 mt, however, in a couple occasions (such as #7) I refocused closer
because I was at about 1 mt from the subject and hyperfocal is not ideal when the subject is so close.
One of the great features of rangefinder is that you can focus at any aperture, you don't have the problem of
the viewfinder getting too dark.

- yes, like I always do when shooting street action, I gave priority to the shutter speed over ISO.
So I set a fixed shutter speed of 1/90 (which is not ideal, should have been faster, but I had to be conservative because of the
dark day) and let the camera adjust exposure with auto-ISO. Sometimes, when photographing dark areas, that resulted in the maximum ISO allowed for automation (2500). But, it's part of the spirit of street photography I think: you take the photo, for what
is possible, technical perfection comes secondary.

- I don't think I have photographer the lens yet. Thanks for asking, I definitely have to - and will!
The Orion-15 is the perfect street lens for hyperfocal: almost flat, great sharpness, impossible to wish for more.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
People are incredible, in this cold I would stay in nice room , not on street Shocked . Lens seems do it's job very well!
Nice report!

In this type of fairs, you can fetch great prices on otherwise very expensive food (like Culatello, which in normal shops here ranges from 8 to 10 Euros for 100 grams).
And, you can find products that are impossible to find in normal shops.
Most of the exhibitors are family farms which don't have any shop distribution: so either you reach them where they live,
or you find them in these events.
That is why there's always full of people. Smile

Another reason people will come to these events is that otherwise I couldn't take my photos Laughing Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Another reason people will come to these events is that otherwise I couldn't take my photos

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Nice series as always. luckely i had eaten my lunch. But the pic with the "castagne", chestnuts made me hungry again, there is not a better smell then those of baked chestnuts!

Tomas

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Culatello, which in normal shops here ranges from 8 to 10 Euros for 100 grams

Shocked Maybe Italy would be better off leaving the Euro and use the Culatello instead. Smile

Last edited by peterqd on Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've really got that village atmosphere in there and it's possible to feel that weather through the photos. #6 and #30 are my favourites due to the interaction of the people with their environment and you as the photographer. The colour of #15 really pops out me That's some serious red there! Quite a surprise at the amount and character of noise that the M9 produces in harsh conditions though, would have expected better from such a camera.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Orio wrote:
Culatello, which in normal shops here ranges from 8 to 10 Euros for 100 grams

Shocked Maybe Italy would be better off leaving the Euro and use the Culatello instead. Smile

everyone would eat their savings then Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

William wrote:
You've really got that village atmosphere in there and it's possible to feel that weather through the photos. #6 and #30 are my favourites due to the interaction of the people with their environment and you as the photographer. The colour of #15 really pops out me That's some serious red there! Quite a surprise at the amount and character of noise that the M9 produces in harsh conditions though, would have expected better from such a camera.

Thanks
yeah, high ISO is not the M9's forte.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orio i feel like i'm there the photos are so REAL. great color, clarity AND subjects. one of the best street series ive seen on the forum.

btw, i just received my sooooo tiny 25mm snapshot skopar, i now have on my rollei rf film camera, mostly using at hyperfocal. after seeing your results, i cant wait to finish my first roll!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
orio i feel like i'm there the photos are so REAL. great color, clarity AND subjects. one of the best street series ive seen on the forum.
btw, i just received my sooooo tiny 25mm snapshot skopar, i now have on my rollei rf film camera, mostly using at hyperfocal. after seeing your results, i cant wait to finish my first roll!

Thanks! I guess you mean the small one Skopar, not the huge 0.95 - I'm curious to see how it works, so I look forward your results!