Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

November Porc - part two
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: November Porc - part two Reply with quote

The following images taken with Biogon 2/35 ZM:

#7 Weird, they put these WWI howitzers in the cathedral's piazza Rolling Eyes

#8 Almost like a freeze show! Laughing

#10 A stand with my favourite dish, too bad it wasn't dinner time Rolling Eyes

#17 "The Revenge of the Pork" Laughing

Thanks for viewing Smile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES! I prefer this set to the other. Mostly that is content related but part of it is the way that 35mm lens seems more natural than the Orion. It's doesn't have that obvious wide feeling that a few of those shots did.

There's more life and interaction in these photos. Have to agree with you on #8, it is quite an odd scene, as though time has stopped. #11 made me laugh out loud! Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I agree with that 100% William. 35 on full frame is closest to my own perception of "normal".

Orio, what I find very good about these two series is the way you've captured the dark dull day and shown clearly how the artificial lighting makes things look more cheerful. Very clever, and brave of you to stick with your light meter readings. You could have used fill-in flash, but I think it would have ruined this achievement. This is the way November should look! Smile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent series Orio and very well captured! That ZM 35 isn't THAT much better than the Orion-15 IQ wise, but I agree that the 35mm gives a more "natural" perspective indeed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys!

@ Carsten: yes, I do not hide the season - instead I try to take advantage of it.
I am a strong believer that all seasons can be photographed - I do not think that you need good weather to take good photos.
For instance, photos #6 and #13 have a poetic feeling (in my view, at least) that could have never been obtained in July.
And some photos, would not really work at all in a different weather: if #12 was taken in a different month and hour,
what would have looked like? I don't know. But in November, at dusk, the little child alone in the piazza takes on some kind
of nostalgic feeling (at least for me) that I think is what "creates" this photo - without it, it would not be a good photo for me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
@ Carsten: yes, I do not hide the season

I guess I'll have to change my avatar again! Smile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superb lens in such a weather, great colors and nice atmosphere, I can even feel the cold