Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Oops... I did it again: Contessa
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Oops... I did it again: Contessa Reply with quote

Zeiss Ikon Contessa (1953-55) by Nesster, on Flickr

this version of the Zeiss Ikon Contessa has the Synchro Compur, speeds to 1/500, M + X synch. The Zeiss-Opton Tessar 45mm f/2.8 has stops down to f/22 and focuses as close as ~3ft. The RF patch is pretty clear on this sample, but the meter is long gone. Apologies for the casual photograph... I plan to do some better picture taking of this and the others I've accumulated since July...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A beauty. Looks like a little elbow grease is needed but still a beauty. Love the desighn of this one. Eye catching.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I remember you were looking at one a couple of months ago... and I said if the guy still had it at the next camera show, I'd probably buy it. Well, he had it, and I did Smile

It's pretty nice to use, nicely set up, quick to focus. Unlike the Retinas of the era you do have to cock the shutter yourself with the Contessa. But there's double exposure prevention so at least you don't get confused... and there's a way to override for double exposure fun. The coolest bit is the open-air cable release terminal.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful pocket camera.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, congrats!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has the red T coated lens, and looking at the picture I can't hardly tell there's glass Very Happy

I'm not sure if I messed up with the frame counter or it's bunged, but my estimate is I'm well past the half way mark on the first 36... Some kind of Fuji Reala 100 (is that a film? LOL) the seller threw in so I'd be able to play with the camera right away.

Last edited by Nesster on Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, any old Ikon camera is a joy in itself!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zeiss just had the art decco thang goin on back in the day, no? Look at those lines! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

04_5 by Nesster, on Flickr

diptych my fault- the frame counter moves from diamond to 1 but no further. When it is between 36 and diamond there is no frame stop, i.e. it freewheels - so I got the frame spacing too variable when I was trying to get the counter to work. CVS scan, expired Fuji Reala 100, first roll through the Contessa (at the camera show parking lot). The lens is capable, especially when I remember to re-set the focus to infinity for landscapes Laughing Focus seems to be spot-on. I have a Series V adapter coming, after which I can use filters and a lens hood.

I'll do some investigation about the frame counter, why it only goes from diamond to 1 and then stops.