Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ferrania Falco II 6x9 folding camera (1948)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Ferrania Falco II 6x9 folding camera (1948) Reply with quote

Ferrania Falco II camera from 1948, 6x9 format, Galileo Terog 6,3/105mm lens, Prontor-S shutter.
Click on pictures for slightly larger versions:

photo 8 shows the interior of the camera still with the original color decal of Ferrania film
photo 9 shows an original print paper folderette also of the 40s

As you can see, the camera is in good aesthetical condition
you will have however to wait for seeing photo samples, as the shutter needs relubing
and while service is at it, I'll also have the lens cleaned.

The Falco II is obviously inspired by the Zeiss Ikonta 521/2, which was released before the war
Of course the optic and mechanics can not be of the same excellence level as Zeiss, but I find
this camera really elegant. Particularly noteworthy are the "Ferrania" and "Falco II" writing embossed
in the leather, as shown by pictures 2 and 3

It's clear that Ferrania tried to make up for the technical gap that divided them from the Zeiss cameras
by use of high quality fashion design in the camera looks.
In fact the camera is so small and compact that it could feature easily even into a lady's bag, and elegant
enough to be carried visibly also on social occasions.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... if this isn't amazing I don't know what is: after only 45 minutes since publishing this thread, it is already
#2 on Google's search! Surprised
(search: "Ferrania Falco II camera")
and it does not end there, result #1 is the other thread I made in Café when I bought the camera Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If not much competitors Google pick our site pretty fast Wink

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you collect italian cameras, sometimes one sees them even her on local auction. (ok, usually the cheap 35mm models). I mean do you want info about them when seen?

edit: examples
Koroll Bencini not sold november
Comet S sold semptember

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
Do you collect italian cameras, sometimes one sees them even her on local auction. (ok, usually the cheap 35mm models). I mean do you want info about them when seen?

edit: examples
Koroll Bencini not sold november
Comet S sold semptember

Thanks Kallinskala, I don't plan to start collecting italian cameras, my wife would kill me one time for all! Laughing
But without hurry, I'd like to get one copy of the best ones.
A dream would be a San Giorgio Janua or a Kristall 2, but they both cost more than the best Leicas Shocked
GAmma III also, expensive too.
Also Rectaflex are great cameras, but also very expensive
A Ferrania Condor II would be more within my reach, but it's difficult to find one in good condition. If you spot one, a head-up would be appreciated!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

A dream would be a San Giorgio Janua or a Kristall 2, but they both cost more than the best Leicas Shocked

In case someone does not believe me, here's a GNM Kristall 3s for sale on Ebay, price: 6000 USD Shocked
Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Kristall" lens is cute. Smile