Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First attempt ever at night shots featuring Elmarit-R 28
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: First attempt ever at night shots featuring Elmarit-R 28 Reply with quote

Brought a very weak mini tripod and took some night time shots (actually the clock was not past 8 pm, but it's dark in Scandinavia) with the Elmarit-R 28. I have never done this before so I'm a total rookie on exposure and metering for this type of shots.

I find the flaring quite unpleasant here and there, but rather difficult to get rid of I guess.
Nice colors and dramatic contrast though.

Any quick tips on obvious technical improvements?

BW version

Cheers
/T

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found they are great pics, the elmarit certainly help a lot!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent photos, so bright , clear ! Congrats!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exposures are perfect, also like the compositions, and the B&W one is beautifully made
and a perfect choice in my opinion (colour one was good but B&W is so much stronger).

I also like that you are not afraid of leaving blacks in the images, it's quite refreshing for me who
am a black fan. The latest HDR wave has produced a lot of "new age" blacks destroyers.

The Elmarit-R 28 looks like a super sharp lens, that I would love to try!
I am afraid however that to get rid of those flares you'd need Zeiss T* Wink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow I like flare of lenses. it give different look, more vintage
Elmarit 28 is great, but in sharpness I found Schneider Curtagon 28/4 is better