Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ht with Flektogon 4/20 zebra Carl Zeiss Jena
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Ht with Flektogon 4/20 zebra Carl Zeiss Jena Reply with quote

This zebra copy is the last remaining one that I have, I used to have the lens in all the different aesthetical variants,
then for financial reasons I had to sell the others, the last one that went is a few days ago (to a member of this group)
was my "aus Jena" star wars copy which was also the sharpest of the bunch.
I kept the zebra because it was the first one I got and am sentimentally attached Smile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I add a few 100% crops to show that also in the sharpness department this lens is much better than
someone's negative talkabout:

from image #1:

(note the total absence of purple fringing)

from image #3:

from image #6:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples Orio. My copy is zebra too, I took some shot, but not really satisfied yet.
What is HT anyway?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
Nice samples Orio. My copy is zebra too, I took some shot, but not really satisfied yet.

I just sold an excellent (optically, not aesthetically) "Aus Jena" copy to a member here, only a few days ago. It was
even better than this one.

IAZA wrote:
What is HT anyway?

Home town Smile I wanted to include the lens name in the title so I had to shorten the other bit Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Orio you have bought the colours out well in your shots considering it is not a bright or sunny day.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Well Orio you have bought the colours out well in your shots considering it is not a bright or sunny day.

Thanks Excalibur. Gray weather is the best for autumn colours, it brings out all the subtle shades.
Even better if it slowly rains, that naturally bumps up saturation and microcontrast.
Of course you must use lenses with a great microcontrast to make up for the flat light.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:

Use it at F8-F11 PP is essential and revise your opinion, if still not like it, get a repair technician who able disassemble and assemble right and adjust it. I also kept Zebra ,excellent lens if you follow my instruction.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great walk around series.

That someone is perhaps me(?). Anyway, nice and sharply focused overall. I like everything except the sticky CA on the pine to the left on the crop from #1 that makes the details loose definition, though probably only apparent in magnified view.

Thank you for sharing your neighborhood. I mostly like #3, #4 and #8.

/T

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

torbod wrote:
Great walk around series.
That someone is perhaps me(?). Anyway, nice and sharply focused overall. I like everything except the sticky CA on the pine to the left on the crop from #1 that makes the details loose definition, though probably only apparent in magnified view.
Thank you for sharing your neighborhood. I mostly like #3, #4 and #8.
/T

hi Torbod
I think that the Flek 4/20 does quite well in the CA department considering that it's a budget lens compared to the superwide giants.
I doubt that what you see on the fir is really CA, more likely it's edge blur that sort of softens detail and makes the residual fringing a bit
more apparent.