Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax Pancake lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject: Contax Pancake lens Reply with quote

Any idea?

http://www.newoldcamera.com/Scheda.aspx?Codice=LU3021&Tipo=OB&Sql=+HIKNlAITN8UUbvAeTXmfwrd2l8IxoXjJFHEYQSdFn+3Y19Vs/E9i82Owe5OxgCjpvB17URNvX1y9Frg/gJmExfi/+uF8olRZklrphQCqxIQ0ccuHd9XWIXeuAm382GmXRoY1CVpkTpPY/UmQQSn3jAF/AvbJ8BfDJHpBXYpLx342NGKO19Pkr/bBCXtItk5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on what the idea is about... What is your question?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://galactinus.net/vilva/retro/eos350d_tessar45.html

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a very good lens (as poilu pictures prove), but I've never been able to make me like it
Too small to be comfortable for my hands, I tend to always move focus when I change aperture as they are so close and narrow.
I am going to sell mine, but I can not match this very low price. The buyer (whoever he is)
has been really lucky to get that one for only 150 Euros.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I was being lazy. My question relates to anyone knowing anything about this lens.
Cheers for the link.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, on that same page they sell a S-Planar 2.8/60 makro
at a fantastic price!
Usually it is never sold for less than 600 Eur
there it goes for only 480
that's a very good occasion, if I had the money I would buy it even if I don't need it
(as I already have one)
very good investment (that optic is only going to increase in price in the next years)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anybody has experience buy from that site? lots of interesting stuffs there
It's in Italian anyway I have to use google to read

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't seem to ship outside Italy...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be always careful with prices. I found at ebay 3 pcs which were sold in the last few month, one for 117 €, one for 172 € and one for 151 €. All other from dealers with price between 250 and 300 € are still unsold. So 150 € is nothing more than an average price.

I paid for my copy 50 € at my dear dealer and he was happy that I bought it. Ok, I was happy too to get it for this price. Here 2 samples with NEX-5

Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rolf,

Your "local deal" seemed to be exception to the rule all the time! Shocked I guess if you buy out their entire stock, even with the help of some forum members here, we will make a small fortunes!! Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I explained it before in another thread few month ago. My "dear" dealer is one of the largest here in the region. He makes 98 % of his sales with new parts and the rest with used cams and lenses he "must" buy from customers so that he can do on the other side a new business.

When I get this lens for 50 € you can be sure that he didn´t pay more before. Maybe that he paid also 50 € and he was happy that he must not place this or other lenses for perhaps a long time into his used window - which means dead capital for him.

But I´m sure, that he paid less than 50 € and made a profit of 10 or 20 % which is ok for me.

The price ideas of the professional dealers at *bay are not the market prices. They try to get so much money as they can get (which is ok if they find dimwits) and I`m also sure that many of them are not the owners of the lenses. They have it in commission and then they try to get maximum money.

Wink

Last edited by Rolf on Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real price is always what people are willing to pay.
Recently, I have sold some lenses that should be worth €100,- because they are good, but I had to sell them for peanuts because each of those did not have a high reputation as a lens. And ATM people do not want to pay much on lenses, because many people do not have that much money at hand.