Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What the... Voigtlander Bessa II for 7,000$ ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: What the... Voigtlander Bessa II for 7,000$ ? Reply with quote

He's the link with the Bid on ebay...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VOIGTLANDER-BESSA-II-APO-LANTHAR-105MM-F4-5-CAMERA-RARE-/290621710685?pt=Film_Cameras&hash=item43aa67615d#ht_5899wt_1221

my local flea market has one of those for sale, i cant say if its a Bessa or Bessa 2, but the camera looks pretty much the same
only that it has like little glasses sitting above the body (to be correct its not glasses but mono glass type view viewfinder)
it has a 7.5cm lens 1:3.5 Voigtlander Lanthar, i couldnt find it on ebay... Anyway the guy wants 100$ for it... i dont wanna pay him that much, could you help me out? is it worth it? is that lens any good? or maybe someone here wants it so i could pick it up for him, as far as ive seen the lens works ok, a little hazy but i think it can be cleaned. now i feel dumb for not checking the camera model...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold my Bessa II with APO-LANTHAR (which BTW is a 105mm f/4.5 one) for $7,000, so it's not impossible Wink

A 7,5cm does sound like it's a 6x6cm camera.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bessa II Apo-Lanthar price is usually go around this 7000 USD.

7,5cm Lanthar does not exist on Bessa I , Bessa II , must be an older model for example 6x6 Perkeo.

Lanthar sound is exciting anyway on a folder.

Bessa I , Bessa II Color-Skopar, Vaskar, Color-Heliar are exists 105mm focal length is right.

Bessa I with Vaskar worth around 100 USD or less.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got that, thanks. need to keep them eyes open for a lanthar then, will do Wink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smoli4 wrote:

Please remind: it should have the APO-LANTHAR. That's the full name of the most desirable Bessa II lens. Lanthar (without APO) is a cheap lens usually found on the Vito/Vitoret series of 35mm cameras.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smoli4 wrote:

Look only medium and large format, in 35mm camera Lanthar is budget lens with zero value.