Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujica GS645
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:06 am    Post subject: Fujica GS645 Reply with quote

Been going crazy last several days on medium format folders. Started with the old ones, but yesterday I pulled the trigger on this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250913477266?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Not the best deal ever, but maybe the bellows are still good Smile

Anyone own one now or in the past?

Smile

I love the beautiful agfas etc, but for small footprint, high IQ under 500USD I could not get past this.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once have talked to a photographer who has shot with such a cam and he loved it!
He said that the combination of a fantastic lens, a compact body, medium format and new technology was kind of unique in his opinion.

Congratulations!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a good one. Here's hoping the bellows doesn't leak!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! Even if leaks ( I not accept at all) easy to fix it. One of my dream camera! I look forward some pictures taken with this beauty!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ty guys

Better see if works before I bite the bullet on a v700 scanner Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
I once have talked to a photographer who has shot with such a cam and he loved it!
He said that the combination of a fantastic lens, a compact body, medium format and new technology was kind of unique in his opinion.

New technology? Are you confusing this with the Fujifilm GF670 (which does look quite similar, but released in 2009)? Or did the old GS645 (released 1983) feature some (then) revolutionary technology? =)

In any case congrats to uhoh7 for the camera, I'm a huge fan of Fuji lenses myself.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkku wrote:

New technology? Are you confusing this with the Fujifilm GF670

No, I'm not.
Compare this Fuji to the classic folding cams! Then you know why I wrote "new". BTW, those were not my words, but the ones of the photographer I spoke with. I guess what is meant is not "new" in the sense of "modern" but "new" in the sense of "not old" and "not used for so many decades". Got it?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folding Fuji medium format rangefinder camera is top of my dream cameras Cool

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkku wrote:
[ New technology? Are you confusing this with the Fujifilm GF670 (which does look quite similar, but released in 2009)? Or did the old GS645 (released 1983) feature some (then) revolutionary technology? =)

LOL Arkku, depends on your point of reference - relative to pre-war or '50s folders this is new tech:
Quote:
Of course, it has nice modern
conveniences like the a built-in meter, bright, parallax-correcting framelines in the finder, and a film advance lever with auto
frame stop.

http://arukucamera.net/Fuji645.html

This one's been on my list for a long while as well...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
Arkku wrote:
[ New technology? Are you confusing this with the Fujifilm GF670 (which does look quite similar, but released in 2009)? Or did the old GS645 (released 1983) feature some (then) revolutionary technology? =)

LOL Arkku, depends on your point of reference - relative to pre-war or '50s folders this is new tech:
Quote:
Of course, it has nice modern
conveniences like the a built-in meter, bright, parallax-correcting framelines in the finder, and a film advance lever with auto
frame stop.

Ooh, I didn't know about the parallax-correction and wasn't sure about the meter, either (I think the older Fuji medium format rangefinders are meterless). Personally I have the somewhat more modern GA645i, which is a point'n'shoot (basically AF only so maybe not so much mentioned on this forum, but a lovely camera never-the-less).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice camera and a good price!
Tried today my new Fuji GW690 III. .
Hope to see some results from your camera, soon.

Klaus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exaklaus wrote:

Klaus

Sooner is better Wink I can't wait for both of you to show some awesome results!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exaklaus wrote:

Klaus

The texas leica!

yes, please post results.

if not in this thread please make a note and link here Smile

I just ordered 5 rolls of tmax 400 to start with. Of course my camera may be on it's way to camera wiz soon after I get it, depending on flashlight test results Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just brought two Ilford XP2 film (jul.2010) to the next minilab and hope to get them back this evening.
Will start a new thread about my GW690III , when having some results.

http://forum.mflenses.com/fuji-6x9-professional-gw690iii-my-new-toy-t43936.html

Klaus

Last edited by exaklaus on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful camera!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Beautiful camera!

+1 and (as the actress said to the bishop) wow, it's HUGE! Smile

These are new to me. I must investigate some more.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it arrived Smile

took it in the bathroom right away and shined a powerfull LED bike headlight in to the bellows. Not a dot! I don't think it has any light leaks Smile

The funny thing is the bellows material is different on the inside--I'll have to show some shots. Maybe this is the way they all were.

Test roll loaded and half used. My first 645 Smile I just picked tmax 100

RF seem fine and meter works, so maybe I did not over pay so much.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shooting with that beauty will be real fun! Congratulations!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Shooting with that beauty will be real fun! Congratulations!

TY sir.

I have one "keeper" om my first two rolls hehe
as shot

what do we think?

w/TLC

indoors

Smile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We think: ENVY. That's seriously sharp enough and has 3d separation, closer to a full frame 120 feel than the 1/2 frame it is Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TY Nester Smile
Because of quirks, got seller to refund 1/2 price, so final cost on this one was 200USD.

Have figured out how to reset counter by moving switch from 120 to 220 and back Smile

My first rolls had some blank shots--I'm thinkin this was possibly because I had shutter set between speeds--roll loaded now so I can't test for a bit Smile