Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kawanon 2.8/135mm 12 blades T2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Kawanon 2.8/135mm 12 blades T2 Reply with quote

Moved this reply from: http://forum.mflenses.com/soligor-135mm-f3-5-t43166.html to separate topic.

Immediately after i took it in hands i've noticed green infinity symbol. But Tamron really looks similar to Kawanon with that thick black paint and double preset ring on front, T2 mount... Kawanon has 12 aperture blades. I'll test it upcoming days. Here photos of this beauty:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascinating stuff! These manufacturers seemed to make extremely similar looking lenses, no wonder it's difficult for us to ID them! Seeing a real Kawanon is a great help.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first glance I thought we had a Komura 135mm, the finish on the metal looks so similar. And of course all those blades Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a sexy lens.
Does look like the Tamron in its bulk and black paint. The Tamron has the interchangeable T mount and no "O<->C" on the preset aperture .
There is was one of these selling on Click here to see on Ebay ebay , which has an added PTR logo on the name ring -not familiar with it myself.
Can you put up some pictures made with this lens.

Regards

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, a dead ringer for the Tamron Converto-type as sold by Soligor. Or is it ?

It makes me wonder whether some of the Soligor's I was assuming were Tamrons aren't in fact Kawanons.

This one has a T-serial number -

http://forum.mflenses.com/is-this-soligor-a-tamron-t6554,highlight,%2Bsoligor+%2Btamron.html

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno. The T serial Soligor lens looks pretty much identical to the Tamron in the old brochure, whereas the Kawanon has a larger gap between the preset rings, and other slight differences.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same lens, T-mount, just differently labeled, but identically looking.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I immediately noticed the "left handed" focus orientation, like Nikon & Pentax. I guess it's as easy as flipping the switch on the lathe the other way, but I consider it a defining characteristic of lens manufacturers.

Bill

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here few test shots on wet day and MKII. Wide-open. 1201px resize.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful lens, great shape ! Congratulations for the new lens!