Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Exakta to Nikon adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Exakta to Nikon adapter Reply with quote

made by Nikon! During the '50's I believe there was a technical alliance between the two companies, which did not achieve a great deal (although I understand that nikon did in fact make some exakta mount lenses). What I do know for sure is that they made an adapter to allow exakta lenses to mount on the nikon body (F mount). Here is my copy of this rare bird on a novoflex/exakta bellows, allowing it to be used on a nikon body. At the front is the exlei adapter by novoflex, allowing an M39 lens to mount on an exakta body. Just a bizarre historical note:

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find and thanks for sharing. Very Happy I do like looking at these old adapters.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting, Patrick.
Unless it's the Exakta 66 lenses that the adapter is for, and unless there's an optical element in the ring,
this adapter must have allowed only the macro use - my Exakta adapters have trouble reaching infinity
on my Canon cameras, whose register distance is much shorter than Nikon's.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct Orio. No way it can reach infinity. That is why I restrict its use to this neat bellows.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing, Patrick!.

Very interesting.

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am unsure this is a genuine one, perhaps quality DIY work, I had one also that was DIY made , but looks factory made I did recognize common Chinese made adapter as rear part.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiratone sold such adapters many years ago, I have one that looks similar (there was also a "reverse" version of that).