Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sunday afternoon walk catching the last rays...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: Sunday afternoon walk catching the last rays... Reply with quote

using a 26mm lens designed around 1900

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Sunday afternoon walk catching the last rays... Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
using a 26mm lens designed around 1900

Beautiful illustration of the things you have been saying to me recently.

Good lens design and manufacture - check
Human with knowledge of how to make the best of the lens - check
Human who has a good eye for a photo - check

Tell us about the lens? Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great images and uncommon perspective which makes the images much, much more interesting. Yes, please tell us something about the lens.

Wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
Great images and uncommon perspective which makes the images much, much more interesting. Yes, please tell us something about the lens.

Wink

+1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's and old design, great photos Wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.

Well, it is a simple HYPERGON, f11/26mm that I have adapted to use it on my Lumix.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very clear sharp shots but I think you would find this walk more exciting:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=y1Nd1qtk1Go

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but I am able to find in a little weed flower on the way, overlooked by all, the beauty and grace GOD has placed in everything. I don't need "spectacular" or "exciting" to be one with nature. Wink Have you noticed when watching that video, that it is more about the person filming and less about nature around? I strive for the opposite and want to show the beauty and magic around us through my images;)

Last edited by kds315* on Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:

Wink

+10 stunning!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks my friend!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is it mounted btw.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What fantastic results from such an old lens! I really like number 2 Smile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Graham. Yes, a few thinks came together very well, the late golden sun, deep on the horizon, the blue sky and the fast approaching dark cloud - and well, the ability to grasp that short moment on a very windy day.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
Great images and uncommon perspective which makes the images much, much more interesting.

+1
a David-Lynch-like point of view, I think that the most effective are the first three because of the sky background which makes them epic.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, that sun + sky made my grab my camera and head out to the park and when I saw the clouds approaching, it got even some dramatic scenes...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning as usual Klaus, and I certainly agree with you about showing nature for what she is

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A really nice show of the capabilities of this lens (and your ability of draw them out).
I join the comments of the colleagues, I'd also point out that the last one has impressed me with the fine details and the redish tones so well caught. At first I thought were samples from a 5D...

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Patrick + Jes, appreciate your comments!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
This is it mounted btw.

Unfortunately I only see a sun hood Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
kds315* wrote:
This is it mounted btw.

Unfortunately I only see a sun hood Twisted Evil

I'm a little secretive about that new lens find, as no-one has ever seen such, so bare with me until I know more Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I found few images in the net, but now I will do not show the link.

Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not of that one for sure Wink

The classic Hypergon is easy to find and there are many images of that to be found.

How about reading my friends Marco Cavina's very fine article about these super wide angles? Here:
http://www.marcocavina.com/articoli_fotografici/Hypergon_Topogon_Biogon_Hologon/00_pag.htm

(c) Marco Cavina

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That´s clear. Can see a B&W filter on your lens and the haptic looks relatively modern.

Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
That´s clear. Can see a B&W filter on your lens and the haptic looks relatively modern.

Wink

Nope, just a B+W filter adapter ring Wink. The lens has been adapted using a modern (common) focusing helicoid, that's what you see.