Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Alpe Cardada above Ascona in crosseyed 3D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Alpe Cardada above Ascona in crosseyed 3D Reply with quote

using a 1900 designed, uncoated wide angle lens, which I adapted to use it on my Lumix GH1

(uploading from Ascona actually, since I'm still there...)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's incredible quality for the lens' age. How does the 3D work?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, I'm having it on all teh time now...

Seeing 3D Tutorials (not mine!):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvShotHl1As
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlyG-FQFZYQ

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My eyes don't seem to work in 3D Sad Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.3dphoto.net/text/viewing/technique.html

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Graham: you're missing something then Wink

@Greg: thanks, a very good guide!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tried it several times, my right eye produces tears and it doesn´t work...i think it works only for people whose both eyes have the same strength/capability/ sharpness Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great photos! For me it works best if I'm not too close to the monitor, otherwise my eyes are strained too much (it's getting worse by the way, now that I seem to get older. And I'm only 40 Wink).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 15 years older, but since I was a kid, I liked to make funny faces with exes twisted - no that ability comes handy Wink

But guys, don't strain your eyes. If you get tired, or feel strain in your eyes, take a break!!

It helps indeed, to try with images having a vertical format, as lesser eye convergence is needed. I have done that with some of my flower images.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing though... I have looked at them again and I must admit that the first one looks a bit artificial because of the large DOF? Would this photo work better if the mountains were a little more OOF? Just a thought, I have 0% experience with creating 3D photos.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) One of the golden rules of stereo photography is: "ALL has to be in focus" - from own experience this holds very true. (very hard for shooting macro btw.)
2) would be hard to achive anyway using a f11/26mm lens...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant - especially #1! Great 3D effect. Would look even better if they were larger. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
1) One of the golden rules of stereo photography is: "ALL has to be in focus" - from own experience this holds very true. (very hard for shooting macro btw.)
2) would be hard to achive anyway using a f11/26mm lens...

It goes to show how much I know about 3D. Thanks for explaining; maybe I will try to do something similar. Imagine how hard it is for me to stop down more than f/8 Wink

Last edited by Spotmatic on Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you really don't have to for infinity shots, if the closest object is far enough away (using hyperfocal focusing distance setting). But it might be, that the image looks rather flat then. This is why usually for infinity shots, it is helpful to have something closer (a tree, bush etc.) which helps to "generate" the desired depth-effect.

I'm astonished that no-one has yet asked how I did make the two needed images for Left and Right. Well, easy - I used the cha-cha method. Frame and take a shot, then move the camera horizontally about 6.5cm (for infinity) to the right and take another shot (or to the left, does not matter). Very simple (well, after some practise, as there should be very little vertical shift). But works astonishingly well (if there are no moving objects in an image; animals, people, driving cars etc. als all no-no's), but not good if there is wind and trees move etc.

Last edited by kds315* on Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
Brilliant - especially #1! Great 3D effect. Would look even better if they were larger. Smile

click on them and you get quite larger images!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
DigiChromeEd wrote:

click on them and you get quite larger images!

Very impressive now!