Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New lens today with a problem.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:27 am    Post subject: New lens today with a problem. Reply with quote

I received my new or at least it looks new lens today (Teleoptik Continar 300/5.5) . It looks good only problem is that the focus ring is hard to turn. I guess that I am going to have to take it apart and clean/lube it. Does anyone have a link to information on how these are put together? And for those of you who were asking last night the serial is H41860.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you put in a few drops of Lighter fluid and turn the focus ring back and forth many times- it should loosen it up. You can put in drops of lighter fluid from both sides of the focus ring-as needed. It should break old grease and make it greasy again. I would try that first. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give that a try hadn't even thought of that one. Thank You.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:32 am    Post subject: "H" Serial number Reply with quote

Is there any significance to the "H" in the serial number?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good advice with the lighter fluid, I have done this often.
Sometimes it is just a temporary fix as the grease gets hard again after the lighter fluid dries out.
You may have to repeat the treatment several times.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: "H" Serial number Reply with quote

adent wrote:
Is there any significance to the "H" in the serial number?

Check out THIS thread Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting.

Do I understand this correct to put some drops of light fluid (any recommendations) at these points (see image) ?
Is there no risk to have the fluid then between the glass elements ?

?

Many thanks

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lighter fluid seems to have worked. I guess that I don't have to take it apart just yet. Other than that problem this lens looks like it just came out of the box.

@Rolf That is where I put it and it seem to have worked, at least for now.

Last edited by adent on Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a Tokina made lens and is also found under the Soligor brand, if you are looking for further info / help.