Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

H Code Lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:37 am    Post subject: H Code Lenses Reply with quote

This Is An Open Thread.
Were all H code lenses no matter the brand, made by one maker?
This is a thread to try to prove or disprove that.
Please post any pics or links you think are revelant. All comments and questions are welcome
If anyone has a picture of a Tokina lens with the Tokina name on it that has an O/C ring, it would go a long way in proving they were made by Tokina.
This thread is also to help sort out the Soligor ID chart. The H code lenses right now are listed as 3 makers. Tokina, Komine, and Kawanon
I will post my links and pics tomorrow, but I wanted to get this thread started now.

If you have pics of a lens that has styling clues that may help us identify H code lenses, please post them, whether they are letter or number coded.
Other letter code lenses no matter the brand are also welcome. By solving other letter code lenses we might get clues as to the identity of H code lenses.

Last edited by walter g on Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for doing all of this for us!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a few I've had (Soligor and Hanimex):

105/2.8

135/3.5

180/3.5 - Tokina 47mm mount

Text on the front is HANIMEX TELE-LENS 1:3.5 f=180mm No. H56149

LENS MADE IN JAPAN, Minimum focus starts at 2.5m.

400/6.3 - deffo a Tokina

400/6.3 - definitely a Tokina (seen the Tokina version)

100/4 - most likely a Tokina

105/2.8 - definitely a Tokina (seen the Tokina version)

[/b]

350/5.6 - might be a Tokina

300/5.5 - Definitely a Tokina (seen the Tokina version)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note the triangle on the focus scale of the last lens...that's not the normal Tokina style. Not helpful Soligor!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If those last two are Tokinas then the Soligor 300mm I have is also a Tokina then.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
If those last two are Tokinas then the Soligor 300mm I have is also a Tokina then.

The last one is definitely a Tokina and there's plenty about. It's a great lens too with very little CA Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres my H -Coded lenses.

Auto Tele Lentar 135 f2.8

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

The last one is definitely a Tokina and there's plenty about. It's a great lens too with very little CA Smile

Yes, mine is pretty much identical to the second one you showed, I think it was your recommendation that caused me to buy it - I love my Tair-3 but I wanted a lighter 300 for those times I can't be arsed carrying several pounds of steel!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathmandu: 1, 2, 3 and 5 are classic Tokinas in my opinion. Number 4 is only contested by me as it has the O<>C ring. But it looks very similar to the Tokina 105/2.8 indeed.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just seen another version of the 300/5.5 Tokina...it's a hybrid of the two I've owned in the 400mm focal length and still own in 300mm focal length:

Looks like both 400/6.3 lenses I owned were indeed Tokinas!

This one is on ebay with serial No. H78323.

All lenses I've seen with "Wide-Auto", "Tele-Auto" or "Tele-lens" (for preset models) also appear to be Tokinas. What about the models that state "Telephoto" though? These are the ones with the O<>C ring...

Last edited by ManualFocus-G on Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walter: Applause for tackling this.

Graham: Excellent presentation of your lenses. Good size, angles and detail. Very helpful in comparisons.

I'll start going through my "H" serial lenses and posting.

Bill

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Note the triangle on the focus scale of the last lens...that's not the normal Tokina style. Not helpful Soligor!

Not helpful at all, my Soligor35 has a serial number 9697640 - it's a Kino, with a triangle mark for focus scale.

And 'if' my 135mm with the number M 163924 is a Tokina - given the number starts with 1 - then the style of marking is different again on that lens, it's a red diamond on a line.

Non are O - C lenses though, I'm just adding detail to the marking theories.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure an "M" lens will be a Tokina. Have you got a picture? Guess it's not a Miranda mount lens is it?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's not Miranda mount it's a M39 / T2 mount lens.

Last edited by Lloydy on Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:56 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to add M code to the list. It's a late 1960's early 70's Tokina.
Pretty cool. Very Happy Thanks for posting it. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would make the 3.5/200 Soligor a Tokina as well then as it looks so similar to that 135.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got three of that chrome ears series which at a glance all look as though they were from the same manufacturer, but the 300 has a 375860 number, it's a Sun lens ( I like this one a lot ) and the 35 has a 9697640 Kino number ( another lens I struggle with )
Soligor obviously had the buying power to ensure that their brand look was maintained by whoever was making the lenses. It's only the little details that seem to be giving us clues.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Itohkogaku Higon 135/3.5 lens with H s/n

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
No, it's not Miranda it's a M39 / T2 mount lens.

Links must be broken? Can you repost these images. Please.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
I've got three of that chrome ears series which at a glance all look as though they were from the same manufacturer, but the 300 has a 375860 number, it's a Sun lens ( I like this one a lot ) and the 35 has a 9697640 Kino number ( another lens I struggle with )
Soligor obviously had the buying power to ensure that their brand look was maintained by whoever was making the lenses. It's only the little details that seem to be giving us clues.

+1
It makes trying to ID Soligor lenses very hard.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurdie wrote:
My Itohkogaku Higon 135/3.5 lens with H s/n

Pretty exciting lens. Very Happy Itoh made there own lenses, so if this one is made in house that meens all H code lenses aren't Tokinas.

With Storm cleanup and repairs to my rental houses, and doctor appointments 5 days a week for my Dad, it will be awhile before I can get my lenses out and add then to this thread.

Thanks everyone that's posted so far. Please anyone else with a letter code lens, add it to this thread.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures reinstated. Did I mention I hate Photobucket ? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped using it a long time ago, too annoying!

I just picked up a very cheap Optomax 35mm lens that has a R serial and looks like it is the same as the R serial Soligors so maybe an Itoh made item?

Optomax also sold other lenses in this same series, there is a 135mm that is clearly the same, I think there is a 100mm too.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then there is this Hanimex 4/100 with a H serial, it has a T mount:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 100/4 is a Tokina lens and has been identified on this site a few times now Smile