Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

INtermezzo Newbie,please brighten me:)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:39 am    Post subject: INtermezzo Newbie,please brighten me:) Reply with quote

To, expert manual lenses

After selling dslr body and moved to mirrorles, I found that images with manual lenses become more attractive with mirrorless camera (sorry for me just now:)). As for using a DSLR and now had remained faithful to the Olympus OM mount.

My current fixed lens: 50/1.4 & 50/1.8 (Zuiko) Tamron SP 90/2.5 adaptall zoom lens and 2 pieces that I'm selling zoom lens 65-200 and 75-300
I just sold a few lenses 28 / 2 & 50/3.5 macro (Zuiko)

Question:

1. if I focus on product photos & macro lens, how much whether that best suits my needs which occasionally also liked the high speed moving objects

2. I see some macro photographs of extraordinary magnifying power, and also saw the ad on ebay and the like on a macro converter / extension pipes, what a significant difference from the example: Olympus OM Auto Macro Extension Tube Set with a common / generic for $ 10?

3. This is because as long as I always use the om mount and initially I consider trying to M42 but do not understand the character of the lens and the lens aperture and the various variants of mounting the lens and eventually fell to the Tamron with adaptall mount.

Some that caught my attention:
Prakticar-Zeiss 50/2.4 (MFT)
Asahi Pentax smc-50 / 2 (pk)
-Zeiss Jena pancolar 50 / 2 (Exacta)
Auto-Pentax 50/2.8 (Pentax auto 110)
Smc Pentax-A 50 / 2 (R)
-Zuiko 50/3.5
-Zuiko 85 / 2
-Zuiko 35 / 2 or 2.8
-Zuiko 28 / 2 or 2.8
-Bell&Howell Rokinon Fish eye 8/3.5

5. Actually, more to the part where that into consideration when you decide to buy a fixed lens manually? just try the character because it is not satisfied with the existing, needs, flexibility of mounting adapters or what factors?

6. If I would buy a 14-54 AF lens, how irrelevant whether ownership 28/35/50/85 fixed lens? and if certain considerations are relevant, consideration of whether that makes the lens aperture into consideration?

It turned out that the habit of looking for trouble focusing through the peephole to make me miss a DSLR and would buy it in days to come (at least at that time only will be more confident to buy 300/400mm)

thanks for the enlightenment that is given

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to help with a reply, but I admit I understand very little of what you ask Sad
What I seem to understand is that you ask if a zoom can replace the prime lenses, or if you need both.
It really depends on what type of photographer you are
if you favour to walk around a lot and don't like to stop changing lens every time, a zoom is good for you
If you favour image quality over a little discomfort, then prime lenses are better.
In any case, they can not completely replace each other. But if I had to choose I would take prime lenses
all the time, also because they usually are faster.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply:) and sorry for my worst language. Yes. I did take some. People product landscape oe even speed moving object. And I just had another pentax 50mm/2 for my pentax pk mount

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I wanted to help with a reply, but I admit I understand very little of what you ask Sad

+1 Declan, could you write your message in your own language? If we can't translate it ourselves, then IAZA or maybe someone else from Indonesia could translate it for us. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google Chrome also has a pretty solid translation add-on that I use to read stuff worldwide.

One thing that might help is if you had some sample pictures. Then tell us what lens you used, what your wanted to accomplish with the shot, and what you would like to have done better.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Orio wrote:

+1 Declan, could you write your message in your own language? If we can't translate it ourselves, then IAZA or maybe someone else from Indonesia could translate it for us. Thanks.

Sorry for caused you this trouble,I'll fix this. Thanks anyway

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
Google Chrome also has a pretty solid translation add-on that I use to read stuff worldwide.

One thing that might help is if you had some sample pictures. Then tell us what lens you used, what your wanted to accomplish with the shot, and what you would like to have done better.

Yes david I'm also using google translate for this but I'll try to make this right appreciate your feedback

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
What I seem to understand is that you ask if a zoom can replace the prime lenses, or if you need both.

Yes Orio, i'm thinking to have only 1 zoom auto focus and the rest is fix manual

It really depends on what type of photographer you are
if you favour to walk around a lot and don't like to stop changing lens every time, a zoom is good for you

Agree, it seems my type is all kind of interest

If you favour image quality over a little discomfort, then prime lenses are better.
In any case, they can not completely replace each other. But if I had to choose I would take prime lenses
all the time, also because they usually are faster.

So i can see faster is became one of the main reason to have this

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently I am using the lens:
OM-Zuiko 50/1.8
OM-Zuiko 50/1.4
OM-Zuiko 65-200/4
75-300/4.5-5.6-Zeiss Jena

New purchase (currently waiting for the lens adapter)
-Tamron SP 90/2.5 adaptall
Pentax SMC-50 / 2

During the OM Zuiko lenses I felt like trying a lens the other characters were good sharpness, tonal and rendering the lens has to offer

Such as the picture below, my first time hunting photos using the Zeiss Jena 75-300 with a monopod, an average of almost all the images taken at 4.5 aperture lens with a focal length of 300mm

And this using Zuiko OM 50/3.5