Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Please guess name of lenses.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: Please guess name of lenses. Reply with quote

I am sure someone will be able to come up with the names-I would have never been able to.

First- a lens that is identical to another lens I have which produces sharp lovely images-I am hoping this will do the same . I will need to tinker with this as the lens is loose inside although the helicoid is intact and the focus ring and aperture work.

The next one I would have never been able to guess-maybe someone here has experience with this. Very Happy

Thanks .

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are these M42 lenses? The top one reminds me of the semi auto Mamiya and Yashica lenses. I would say Mamiya, but I don't remember them having a silver focusing ring.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mos6502 wrote:
Are these M42 lenses? The top one reminds me of the semi auto Mamiya and Yashica lenses. I would say Mamiya, but I don't remember them having a silver focusing ring.

Yes they are M42 lenses ,forgot to mention that, the plot thickens. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second one looks like a Tamron to me

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For #1 -

Isco ? Yashica ? A semi-automatic M42 lens of the sort introduced in @1955-56 by Zeiss and Schneider for the Contax/Praktica. I have a Biotar and a Takumar and an Isco like this. I would like to say its Japanese from one of the makers of M42 cameras other than Asahi/Pentax, no later than 1963 or so, but I have to rule out Petri which yields Yashica.

? Weird. Never seen it before.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think the first lens is a Yashinon 5cm f/2. Although I have never seen this particular version; I think it's a transition model.

The large lens: I also thought Tamron, but I have the feeling that it's a Yashica too.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 1rst yashica 50/2 2nd Isco Gottingen 100/4 Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The long one certainly looks like Isco, but the f4/100 was front cell focussing. Also I've never seen that lens with silver aperture rings.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for playing along , I must say some of you came very close on the smaller lens.
Here are the beautiful front faces of the lenses. Very Happy

The smaller one says Tominon C.(red) 1:2 f=5cm Tomioka Opt. Co.
& the larger one says Nicca Lens 1:2.8 f=13.5cm Taiho Optical. Co.

I did get a chance to get some shots from the Nicca today-and I like its sharpness and color. The Nicca carries an 8 bladed iris,and the aperture ring is preset .It focuses from almost 5ft to infinity. The lens tapers a little towards the lens mount.

Best regards

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah I watched that tominon on bay few months ago, but it's in US, too much cost to here. never saw brand Nicca before

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
ah I watched that tominon on bay few months ago, but it's in US, too much cost to here. never saw brand Nicca before

Hows the mail service for international mail in Indonesia? Is it reliable?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicca was bought out by Yashica in the late 50s apparently.

Quote:
The Nicca Camera Co. Ltd. started as the optical workshop Kōgaku Seiki-sha (光学精機社, meaning Optics and Precision Co.) in 1940, founded by former employees of Seiki Kōgaku (the predecessor of Canon). It was based in Tokyo, Honjo.[1] Its first camera, the Nippon, a close copy of the Leica rangefinder camera, was produced in 1942.

In 1948, the company changed its name to the Nippon Camera Works, and a year later, to the Nicca Camera Works. It continued to build Leica-type rangefinder cameras, adding such features as flash synchronization, lever wind, a hinged film back, and projected viewfinder framing. Nicca also made cameras for Sears under the Tower name.

In 1958, the company was acquired by Yashica, which manufactured and re-labeled the Nicca-33 and III-L as the Yashica YE and YF respectively.

Komura made lenses for the Nicca cameras apparently so maybe the Nicca lens is a Komura?

Last edited by iangreenhalgh1 on Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Nicca was bought out by Yashica in the late 50s apparently.

Quote:
The Nicca Camera Co. Ltd. started as the optical workshop Kōgaku Seiki-sha (光学精機社, meaning Optics and Precision Co.) in 1940, founded by former employees of Seiki Kōgaku (the predecessor of Canon). It was based in Tokyo, Honjo.[1] Its first camera, the Nippon, a close copy of the Leica rangefinder camera, was produced in 1942.

In 1948, the company changed its name to the Nippon Camera Works, and a year later, to the Nicca Camera Works. It continued to build Leica-type rangefinder cameras, adding such features as flash synchronization, lever wind, a hinged film back, and projected viewfinder framing. Nicca also made cameras for Sears under the Tower name.

In 1958, the company was acquired by Yashica, which manufactured and re-labeled the Nicca-33 and III-L as the Yashica YE and YF respectively.

Komura made lenses for the Nicca SLR apparently so maybe the Nicca lens is a Komura?

Thanks for that info-that was fast Ian. Very Happy-Does your source have any info. on Taiho Optical Co.?-just wondering Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathmandu wrote:
IAZA wrote:

Hows the mail service for international mail in Indonesia? Is it reliable?

It's reliable, better than Canadian. I & robertro traded lenses. We sent about same time, my lens arrived sooner than his lens.
Like other country, more expensive, is faster. But even the cheapest one has track number Wink
While items in US, shipment to Indonesia at least $40m this said to be safer, but this 40 is adding to tax cost. So we usually avoid buy from US

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Nicca info is from Camerapedia, I didn't delve deeper, sorry.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:

It's reliable, better than Canadian. I & robertro traded lenses. We sent about same time, my lens arrived sooner than his lens.
Like other country, more expensive, is faster. But even the cheapest one has track number Wink
While items in US, shipment to Indonesia at least $40m this said to be safer, but this 40 is adding to tax cost. So we usually avoid buy from US

I hear you.Another question how much does it cost you to ship a lens to Canada /US?

Last edited by Kathmandu on Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
That Nicca info is from Camerapedia, I didn't delve deeper, sorry.

Thanks I had been looking and found no mention of Taiho Optical Co. anywhere. Very Happy .

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great finds!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Its me lucky charms Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you might know, shipment depends on weight & value, when I sent Leica Summarit 50/1,5 to Canada cost around $30. I said it's value around $120. then I realized that mentioned high value mean hight cost. so for now I mention value not more than $60.
Are you watching item from here? you can pm me if there's anything I can help Wink

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
As you might know, shipment depends on weight & value, when I sent Leica Summarit 50/1,5 to Canada cost around $30. I said it's value around $120. then I realized that mentioned high value mean hight cost. so for now I mention value not more than $60.
Are you watching item from here? you can pm me if there's anything I can help Wink

Thanks for your reply-I appreciate the offer-no not looking at anything at the moment , I was just curious how much things cost to ship from there. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You might maybe have seen this before, but here is a list of Nicca lenses. The Taiho is in rather good company with all the Nikkors...

http://corsopolaris.net/supercameras/nicca/niccalenses.html

On this site there seems to be also other Nicca info, including the camera bodies and accessories.

sami

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blaahhi wrote:
Hi,

You might maybe have seen this before, but here is a list of Nicca lenses. The Taiho is in rather good company with all the Nikkors...

http://corsopolaris.net/supercameras/nicca/niccalenses.html

On this site there seems to be also other Nicca info, including the camera bodies and accessories.

sami

Thanks for the link.