Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I need help with lens and teleconverter!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: I need help with lens and teleconverter! Reply with quote

Hi guys! I need help! I have Jupiter MC 37A and Helios 44M lenses! If i buy Pentacon teleconverter (M42), can i enter the word of macro photography?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a teleconverter the lenses will still only focus to the same minimum focussing distance they have now. So I guess it would depend on that.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extension rings would be the better option and would cost very little. There ARE some macro focusing teleconverters, such Vivitar versions exist, but I'd try tubes first.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is a difference betwen teleconverters and extension tubes? Teleconverters has glass and tubes does not?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanilla437 wrote:
What is a difference betwen teleconverters and extension tubes? Teleconverters has glass and tubes does not?

Yes, a teleconverter will magnify an image wheras tubes will let you get closer to the subject.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much! So i need for macro extension tubes! Ok Smile Is it a problem if the tube brand Praktica and lens Helios or jupiter?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this Extension tubes what i need for macro?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All tubes with M42 mount are compatible with M42 lenses.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: I need help with lens and teleconverter! Reply with quote

vanilla437 wrote:
Hi guys! I need help! I have Jupiter MC 37A and Helios 44M lenses! If i buy Pentacon teleconverter (M42), can i enter the word of macro photography?

If you keep a close eye on flea bay you can sometime find a set of M42 bellows for very little cost. Example here. IMHO these are more versatile than plain extension tubes. Plus any M42 lens you have will mount on the front and your current M42 adapter will mount on the back.