Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Trip Report - Warning: Lots of pictures
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:12 am    Post subject: Trip Report - Warning: Lots of pictures Reply with quote

I had the pleasure to take a long weekend with the Mrs. and join a number of other good people for a car ride through the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina. It was a Speedster club that planned the event, but I was extended an invitation to join them with my Austin-Healey. On Sunday morning we visited the Biltmore, an 1895 estate built by George Vanderbuilt. I think my car made that shabby mansion look good Wink

I used a limited number of lenses with the Vivitar 28mm Close Focus getting the biggest workout. It did not disappoint. I've included just one photo, the first, from my AF Minolta 35-105mm because I had no others of the mountain views. The only other lens used was Tamron 105mm. All images were shot jpeg and received post processing in PS. In addition to mild sharpening, I used a color filter on several shots for a slightly warmer look.

1 Minolta

2 Tamron

3 Tamron

4 Vivitar

5 Vivitar

6 Vivitar

7 Vivitar

8 Vivitar

9 Vivitar

10 Vivitar

11 Vivitar

12 Vivitar

13 Vivitar

14 Vivitar

15 Tamron

16 Tamron

17 Tamron

18 Vivitar

19 Vivitar

20 Vivitar

21 Vivitar

22 Vivitar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice luxury series Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Nice luxury series Smile

+1 wow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love #9 and #10!
Give dimension to that shabby hut.
Or it's the other way around? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice bathtubs.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is a fantastic series .... the shots taken with vivitar seem great.....congratulations........! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
Orio wrote:
Nice luxury series Smile

+1 wow

+2

#2 is the best !

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great set of photos, love the Austin Healeys.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
IAZA wrote:
Orio wrote:
Nice luxury series Smile

+1 wow

+2

#2 is the best !

+1

#2 is brilliant!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! So many great pictures !

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruined, all ruined..................why ruin a beautiful healey with ALLOY wheels?? Where the wired spokes?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice!

#10 is my fav

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trev wrote:
Ruined, all ruined..................why ruin a beautiful healey with ALLOY wheels?? Where the wired spokes?

Well trev, you are correct that the car should have the wire wheels, although the knock-off Minilites are period correct and were often used for racing. However, like you, I prefer the look of the wires. I had an annoying vibration at speed that I couldn't seem to resolve with balancing, so I swapped out the wires with the Minilites and it was solved. The wires are now awaiting a truing process by a professional and will go back on the car. The Minilites will move to a 3000 model that I have. While using the steel wire wheels, I had painted them to match the body color. They can be seen in this photo that I made for a competition commemorating the 50th anniversary of the Austin-Healey; the theme was "50 years, then and now".

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the kind comments. For those that liked #2, it was the only picture unrelated to the event. At a waterfall in the mountains, I saw this cute little girl running through the water and couldn't resist taking a picture. No relation, but had I known it would come out this well, I might have gotten her parents' email.

danikatia wrote:
Is a fantastic series .... the shots taken with vivitar seem great.....congratulations........! Very Happy

Yes, thank you, the Vivitar Close Focus served me well. I knew it was good for more than just the close up work, and I chose it over my Zeiss 35mm of celebrated reputation. Based on my experiences, I honestly believe this particular Vivitar is better than the Zeiss. While infinity comes at a very short distance, much like the Zeiss, making focus a non issue with most photos, with some care it also created some lovely bokeh in the flower shots at the end.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Trip Report - Warning: Lots of pictures Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
I had the pleasure to take a long weekend with the Mrs. and join a number of other good people for a car ride through the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina. It was a Speedster club that planned the event, but I was extended an invitation to join them with my Austin-Healey....

1 Minolta

Now this is a wonderful view. The mountains are also nice.