Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter-9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Jupiter-9 Reply with quote

Thanks to ManualFocus-G I am now the owner of a very clean Jupiter-9. Very Happy
This is a focal length I've wanted for a while but, as usual, my lack of funds stopped me getting one. Luckily, Graham spotted this one at a very reasonable £40 and I quickly hit the BIN.
This is it;

You can see in the first shot there's some colouring inside the filter thread, looks like someone used a felt-tip pen on it. Why? I've no idea.
I had hoped to be out testing it today but I've been really ill so it will have to wait a while longer.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great! I guess someone filled in a scratch by using a pen Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:

Perhaps to avoid reflections on the surface of the bare metal.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:

Once again thanks for the heads-up Very Happy
This lens has a wonderful 'feel' whenever I turn either the focus ring or aperture ring, the engineering is something else. I have over twenty mf lenses now (how did that happen?) and nothing feels as nice as this one. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still holding out for my Jupiter 9, waiting for the right one to come along (maybe that's why I'm still a bachelor, too?) Congratulations on the beautiful lady. Hope you get well soon, and share photos with us. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a hood for it is my advice.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Get a hood for it is my advice.

I had a rubber one on a shelf so I put that on right away. The front element doesn't look like it has any coating so the hood was a priority. I think I read somewhere that these lenses do have a coating, it just doesn't look like it. Confused
I did a quick test yesterday with and without the hood, huge difference!

I still feel like death but managed to crawl to the local castle for an hour yesterday, I'll throw some samples into the gallery if this headache gives me a little break. Mad Sad

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful lens, congrats! and I hope you will get better soon to let us see some samples with this beauty Very Happy .....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this lense! congrat!
i hope that i can buy soon!
Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to get out for a short walk yesterday but didn't take many shots. I did, however, get a quick one with this lens...at f5.6

Jupiter-9 first shot by Gaz Sutherland, on Flickr
I'm very happy with the sharpness and the bokeh is delicious. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still getting used to the softness of it wide open and I've recently bought the MUST HAVE hood which I still have to put to the test.

Great purchase, great condition, great lens.

(am I the who finds it orgasmic to move the focus ring on this lens?..)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shoot , enjoy this great lens!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaticAberration wrote:
I am still getting used to the softness of it wide open and I've recently bought the MUST HAVE hood which I still have to put to the test.

Great purchase, great condition, great lens.

(am I the who finds it orgasmic to move the focus ring on this lens?..)

Yeah the softness wide open is something I need to learn to use, for portraits most likely.
The 99p rubber hood I have makes a huge difference.
My focus ring is just beautiful but it's the aperture ring that gets me....divine! Razz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Great shoot , enjoy this great lens!

Thanks Attila. Smile