Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My oldest slides 1971
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: My oldest slides 1971 Reply with quote

Hi,

due to the bad weather we have actually here I decided to grab some old boxes with slides to scan these into my Mac. I found a box out of 1971 and I remember that I stored in this old box my first slides ever made in 1971.

I was at that time a poor student and I worked hard during the semester breaks to get some money for my first SLR - a Praktica Super TL and a cheap Meyer lens.

With my girl friend at that time I visited then a Motor Cross event nearby to shot some first images. The film was also very cheap so the result were terrible.

Because it was my first slide film I decided at that time to keep the images - and here they are (few of them). The film became not better within the last 40 years so I tried to make some "artwork" with the images. Not my common presentation.

Thanks for viewing and - if you like - any comments.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Lomography meets MFL! Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you will forgive me my gaffe !

Sad

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
I hope you will forgive me my gaffe !

Sad

Rolf, I've got lots of slides like that from my youth that I haven't been as brave as you are to show the world. What's to forgive? Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last one is EXCELLENT!!

In 1971 I wasn't even in primary school yet, let alone taking pictures Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got maximum as possible , nice series!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first I thought to use a frame like this one and the image converted to b&w

Wink

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B&W looking better with this frame even more!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FINALLY!

Now we know who invented 'Holga' Smile

Doug

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing, Rolf. You've inspired me to sort through my scans from slides and see if there's anything worth sharing. I find more memories there than worthwhile photographs. I don't recall if it was 1971 or 1972 that I bought my first real camera - a Kalimar SLR with Helios 44-2. Not only was the lens manual, but the camera had no meter. However, I do know that it was 1971 that I bought my first car, a used 1968 VW Beatle.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love them!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice set, catching a rally on slide film is a challenge.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf - lovely memories to have and thanks for sharing.

I bought my first "proper" SLR in Bochum (Langendreer) when I was a Student arbiter bei Opel. It was a Canon AV-1 with standard lens - if I remember correctly there were several of us (at least 3) and we all bought the same model in order to get a good discount.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These images have a character indeed.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
These images have a character indeed.

I agree.... Very Happy