Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

b/w - slides
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:46 am    Post subject: b/w - slides Reply with quote

I shot my last Agfa Scala in spring this year. There are still some suppliers but AFAIK only 35mm and only the rest of the production. Time to look for a replacement.

Rollei film is offering the Superpan 200 which can be developed in Scala process. Film has to be rated at ISO 125-160. My first roll looks quite promising. Haven't viewed them with my projector but scans and loupe look ok. It has a little bit more grain (especially the scan) and I will see how they look like on the "wall".

One good thing -film is quite cheap in comparison.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ianus,
This is interesting . I have never used b/w slides - there is a b/w slide film at Maco's site (RSD Slide Direct) but they say it is only 10 ISO.

http://www.macodirect.de/slide-direct-twinbragfa-copex-slide-directbr2x-13536-p-2347.html

Your samples look good.
Is the chemistry different from the traditional b/w developer/stop/fixer ?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent samples, that's some good photography... the first is truly evocative

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really beautiful, Janus. What grey tones!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments.

The slides in projection are even better than the scans.

Quote:
Hi Ianus,
This is interesting . I have never used b/w slides - there is a b/w slide film at Maco's site (RSD Slide Direct) but they say it is only 10 ISO.

http://www.macodirect.de/slide-direct-twinbragfa-copex-slide-directbr2x-13536-p-2347.html

Your samples look good.
Is the chemistry different from the traditional b/w developer/stop/fixer ?

I haven't used the RSD Slide direct and ISO 10 is also nothing for me. There is also a film from Foma you can develope at home.

The Superpan was developed in the same process than Agfa Scala. AFAIK you can't do this at home. I do know three labs here in Germany who do this job. Recommendation is to use either the Superpan 200 (at ISO 125) or the Rollei Retro 80s (I think it should be rated ISO 40). Bove are available from Macodirect.