Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is it a Voigländer Bessa I? How much is it worth?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Is it a Voigländer Bessa I? How much is it worth? Reply with quote

Here, a bought a Voigtländer Bessa with original leather case for 20€ on a flea market today.
Lens is a Voigtländer Braunschweig Voigtar 10.5cm F3.5.
Lens is nearly clean (only some dust on the edges). Shutter works, but at least the long exposition speeds seem to be incorrect (1s sound like 2s).
Bellow has no light leaks. Film transport works. Aperture and focusing are working correctly. In the viewfinder near the lens are some tiny spots which maybe was fungus.

How much is it worth?

Last edited by ForenSeil on Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually inexpensive, Bessa , but not Bessa I. I bought mine for 30 GBP.

Pictures taken with this cam.

http://forum.mflenses.com/bessa-voigtar-11-5cm-pre-war-folder-t41334.html

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold one last year for $ 30

Very good camera ! The lens is a front-cell focus triplet but a very sharp one, just a little bad at the corners.

Watch out for the usual old Compur shutter problem at slow speeds. It is very easy to fix though afterwards you will have to recalibrate infinity.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens may well produce better pics than a Skopar from the same era, at least I haven't had luck with them... but like with Tessars, the market prices drop if it ain't the 'best' lens on the camera. These are plentiful, these 1930's Bessas.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
The lens may well produce better pics than a Skopar from the same era, at least I haven't had luck with them... but like with Tessars, the market prices drop if it ain't the 'best' lens on the camera. These are plentiful, these 1930's Bessas.

One of the most imprtant thing with folder cameras how camera lens parallel to film and how film pressed to flat.
I had bad experience with Novar Anastigmat at first time and stunning at second time. I bought one time a Color-Heliar on Bessa II it wasn't impressed me and I hold two Heliar from 1938-40 Laughing because they are awesome. For folder cameras need a bit luck not only buy a good brand.