Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

C.Z. Jena 4/135 Praktina mt.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:22 am    Post subject: C.Z. Jena 4/135 Praktina mt. Reply with quote

Ebay purchase - seller claimed it was his photographer father's-he claimed the focus was stiff. The lens appeared to have leatherette around the focusing tube and the stem below that-which perked my interest. The auction was ending and I did not have time to ask him anything about the lens.

The lens arrived with a stiff focus alright-it also had fungus colonies inside-the inside of the front element(worst infection), and the second element (spots on both sides), and the back element.

The black leatherette turned out to be wide black tape-nicely taped.

Long story short-I took lens apart ,took all black tape off,washed scrubbed aluminum best I could, and polished with chrome polish."Nevr- Dull".Cleaned /lubed focus ring which came unstuck when I was scrubbing it cleaning it under hot water. Disassembled the lens and cleaned it all up (the elements, the insides and the body ), and put it back together.

I mounted it by screwing a M39/M42 ring half inside the Praktina throat and my Sony Adapter on on the other half. Its like mounting it on a small extension ring.

Heres some images from the lens -I must say I like it-, and has been a productive endeavor Very Happy

The lens:

Most shot wide open @f4.

Cheers

Last edited by Kathmandu on Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:35 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning work!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Stunning work!

Thanks again- Orio-twice is nice Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should say this lens is lucky to have found you Laughing Talk about giving it a new lease of life...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tikkathree wrote:
I should say this lens is lucky to have found you Laughing Talk about giving it a new lease of life...

Thanks -ilike I mentioned it was more than worthwhile-a win win scenario. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great rescue, and now you catch all those flies in the air Smile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
great rescue, and now you catch all those flies in the air Smile

Thanks Very Happy -yes I have a weapon now catch flies in the air .