Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtländer 90mm 3.5 on NEX
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Voigtländer 90mm 3.5 on NEX Reply with quote

found some pics I took with this combo not long ago - they show why i like this lens - c&c welcome

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks seriously good! I like roof and green best from this series, Sony has a Vivid color mode I suggest to turn it on if not yet on.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a nice lens, I used to have it but now I sacrificed it, because it was sort of a double for me (as I also have the SLR version).
I am sure that you will be happy with it.

On a side note:
I do see a Don Camillo and Peppone poster in a window there Smile They are true Emilian celebrities, my father was friend with the writer of the novels, Giovannino Guareschi. I met him too when he did come visit, but I was too little to have a clear memory of what he said, I only remember this man with huge moustaches who would only speak in dialect (I mean he was a writer and journalist, he could of course write in perfect Italian, but he made the point of only speaking dialect with people).
He loved to meet my father because they would talk arts and politics until the small hours, and both loved jokes. Although they were opposite positions (he was a true monarchic, my father was a republican), they got along together great. I think it's because both hated communists! Laughing
My father used to know a man, called Dante Xxxxxxx, who was a notorious character in my town because he was always drunk, at any time of the day. He had big moustaches also, and always drove an old motorcycle, of course not ever being able to drive it straight... I remember him going down my road always in a zig-zag fashion... Laughing we children of course did mock him... poor man.
Anyway, Guareschi enjoyed him because he would tell a lot of stories, stories of the past and present, I mean popular stories, of what happened to people he knew... anecdotes, some funny ones, some weird ones, some sad ones. So Guareschi used to tell my father "let's go get Dante and take him to the 'osteria'". They offered him wine, and of course Dante was very glad to accept and sit down with them and tell them all his stories. I am sure that Guareschi used a lot of those stories in his books of Don Camillo and Peppone. Smile

End of diversion - sorry for having used your thread Wink

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Attila and Orio for your comments - i find this lens is difficult to handle on the NEX, because it is very light, but long. Stabilizing a heavy 135 with the same length or the short 85 zeiss is much easier.
Will try the vivid modus - thanks.

Orio, your story is nice to read, it is a pity, that today only a few people are transferring itthese informations to the younger ones - you can´t ( maybe cannot yet ) transform the fascination while telling into facebook language.

Having been many times in the area of Mandello, Lecco, Bergamo, i knew some of these old motorbike drivers.....a Galetto 200 and a Falcone 500 went the long way to me home after the old guys could not use it any more.

Don Camillo and Peppone was an theatre in our castle - haven´t been there.

You should come and see the museum of one of my friends - there are more old Moto Guzzis, than you´ll find in Italy Laughing including all the 3 wheel pickups, but fortunately not the military machine gun carrierer with adjustable tracks.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Looks seriously good! I like roof and green best from this series, Sony has a Vivid color mode I suggest to turn it on if not yet on.

+1 pics look muted on my screen