Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

AGFA Xray film + D76
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: AGFA Xray film + D76 Reply with quote

Just got a nice roll of 300ft AGFA Cinerex xray film.
Someone have any experiense with this film?
Have looked up some info and know that its about ISO 50 but not shore of developing times?

Use D76 and would guess a time around 10-12 min, 1+1 water and 20°

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some Konica-Minolta x-ray film, only had an initial attempt with a piece I cut to fit in my old Kodak 3A.

Result was not good, multiple issues, very soft.

I developed in a tray of Rodinal 1:200 under a red safelight, with my film, the image forms fast, in say 30-45 seconds, doesn't seem to change much with more time in the developer.

Hope your film is better than mine.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks ghostly.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I have some Konica-Minolta x-ray film, only had an initial attempt with a piece I cut to fit in my old Kodak 3A.

Result was not good, multiple issues, very soft.

I developed in a tray of Rodinal 1:200 under a red safelight, with my film, the image forms fast, in say 30-45 seconds, doesn't seem to change much with more time in the developer.

Hope your film is better than mine.

That image have a nice feel to it Smile
Have read that the AGFA Xray film should be quite good.
Do a test roll and se what happends.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it looked ghostly too.

I'm going to try again with the x-ray film, but I don't have high hopes of producing high quality results with it.

There is a huge thread on the large format forum about the use of x-ray film so no doubt it works, maybe I have either the wrong type or my film is in poor condition (I got it secondhand on ebay).

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?48099-X-ray-Film-example-and-comparison

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used xray film before, the image is always soft because there are two emulsions, a front and a rear. The larger the film the less soft photos will be. I used some Kodak DF58 periapical film in my 35mm camera and the results were good but probably only suitable for portraits as its soft.

Your church photo looks as if the film has been damaged by light. I suspect the bag has been removed from the box a few times. perhaps films in the middle of the stack will have lower light damage.

Unfortunately I dont have access to unlimited xray films and chemicals any more. I used to enlarge negs on to pantomography film and create transparencies 12inch by 6inch. The detail was great and they looked terrific in transparent holders hung in front of the window.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
I've used xray film before, the image is always soft because there are two emulsions, a front and a rear. The larger the film the less soft photos will be. I used some Kodak DF58 periapical film in my 35mm camera and the results were good but probably only suitable for portraits as its soft.

Your church photo looks as if the film has been damaged by light. I suspect the bag has been removed from the box a few times. perhaps films in the middle of the stack will have lower light damage.

Unfortunately I dont have access to unlimited xray films and chemicals any more. I used to enlarge negs on to pantomography film and create transparencies 12inch by 6inch. The detail was great and they looked terrific in transparent holders hung in front of the window.

Don't think the Agfa have two emulsions and this fil gave some nice results.
Have anoter post about post about with a test shot
http://forum.mflenses.com/first-image-with-agfa-x-ray-film-t54331.html