Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Elite Chrome 100, digitalized with NEX
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:05 am    Post subject: Elite Chrome 100, digitalized with NEX Reply with quote

Both with Biogon 28/2.8 on Contax G1
Second is more an example for quality

Imho better than scanning with a flatbed scanner

Last edited by ForenSeil on Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Elite Chrome 100, digitalized with NEX Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:
Imho better than scanning with a flatbed scanner

Looks very good. What was the set up with the NEX?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

much better, much cheaper and much much faster i imagine. i love elite chrome...
tony

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omar wrote:
I know nothing about film photography but your results look really good. Could you please tell more about your workflow with the NEX?

I think he scans the slides with the NEX

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Workflow is simple
I put the slide on a light table and then I'm photographing the slides with a macro lens

It's long time ago since I digitalized them, so I have no clue which lens I used as macro lens.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this workflow - when winebottle opener is involved, nothing can be bad:)

the results are great I think. i´m just in process of choosing a film scanner for 135 and 120 formats and this way seems as a best solution with adequate price/quality ratio.

do you scan slides in frames or you use some other holder? film flatness is essential for good quality.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

berraneck wrote:

do you scan slides in frames or you use some other holder? film flatness is essential for good quality.

Both. My slide are comming usually framed from lab but I'm also scanning unframed film.
Film flatness is always a bottleneck for quality and indeed not easy to handle
In the meawhile I build this for digitalizing whole 135 films at once :

from a very cheap Kaiser Dia Schneidegerät (slide cutting and framing device, has a wheel for precise film transport, did cost less than 5€ used) and a LED video light with adjustable brightness (10€ used)
The repro stand did cost 30€ new bye the way, but I would recommend a to buy a enlarger which is also usable as repro stand if available, because it's much more stable and versatile.
I think I will buy some glass to lay on the film soon, to get a better flatness.