Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

pentacon 135/2,8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:48 am    Post subject: pentacon 135/2,8 Reply with quote

What do you say Pentagon to Eos 5D. What is the closest focusing distance? Would the price 45€ too much? Includes the EOS adapter.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the preset version which most prefer as it's the one with more aperture blades. 45 would be an ok price for the lens and adapter, but that depends on which adapter.

These fluctuate in price massively. I've owned 2 presets and I got them for £5 & my current one for £8.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's quite expensive for the MC version. Try and bring the price down by 15 Euro. The adapters are very cheap to buy.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid 20 € for mine - without adapter.

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe 135 is too long. Focus min. 1.5 m, and I need a lens to focus less than 1m. Jupiter 9 narrow 0.8 m so I think it works better, or Nikkor 100 / 2,8 E, both a suitable weight?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

135 is about as long as I go for most of my shooting. It's good for isolating things or landscapes (yes I use a tele for landscape).

It really depends on what you want it for. If you want a 90, go with Tamron or Viv macros for sharpness over the J9. J9 for character.

ManualFocus-G wrote:
That's quite expensive for the MC version. Try and bring the price down by 15 Euro. The adapters are very cheap to buy.
Unchipped, chipped and EMF chipped are very different in price.

Last edited by martinsmith99 on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Muddus - I have just revised the thread title

from pentagon to pentacon - if you do not mind as 'pentagon' is a slightly different thing Smile

tf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is way too pricey, not that it is not worth that much because it is hard to tell, but you can get them between $10-$15, and the adapter.. well just get the cheaper un-EMF'ed and un-chipped one, @f/2.8 I don't think you will have much trouble when focusing.