Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter 9 samples on 5DII
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Jupiter 9 samples on 5DII Reply with quote

all wide open
some surprises; I didn't get flare on this black non MC version but I got sensor bloom
difficult to focus this lens, no focus snap in the viewfinder
resolution seems enough for web

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures, but if you can, swap your black copy with an aluminium one. Unless you pick a lemon copy, you will be surprised, as I did when, after owning (and selling) two black copies, I bought a silver one - and absolutely keeping it...
Black lens is soft and glaring wide open, Aluminium lens wide open is sharp and neat.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, how about bokeh? which one do you prefer?
As black one is nice, I keep mine for its bokeh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
Orio, how about bokeh? which one do you prefer?

I abhor the bokeh of the J9, so I take care of always shooting it stopped down unless I can control the background in order not to have any high lights Smile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had 2 alu ones and they are acceptable wide open but not amazing. The Tamron 90 leaves them for dead.