Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 103A - my mistake but it worked (sort of)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:30 am    Post subject: Tamron 103A - my mistake but it worked (sort of) Reply with quote

I took this at the Rugby league...I was in a hurry (running late) and did not check the settings on the camera.It was only after a few images were taken that I realized I had the F stop at F16 or there abouts...I do not know what the ISO speed was,but it should show up on the exif data.
What do you think....I like it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Tamron 103A - my mistake but it worked (sort of) Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I took this at the Rugby league...I was in a hurry (running late) and did not check the settings on the camera.It was only after a few images were taken that I realized I had the F stop at F16 or there abouts...I do not know what the ISO speed was,but it should show up on the exif data.
What do you think....I like it.

Happenstance has worked for you Smile I think it captures the movement of the game.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Happenstance
??
What does that mean...accident?? Laughing Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it a lot. I bet you'd find it difficult to do it again on purpose Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Quote:
Happenstance
??

The Oxford Dictionary of English says it means "coincidence" but gives an illustration of "It was just happenstance that I was there" allowing the meaning of accident in the sense of an unplanned or unintended action or circumstance, Wink It is, according to the dictionary, an American word.

Right, enough messing with words -

I like the pic, it reminds me of Ernst Haas's stuff from the 1950s - you should try for more using slower shutter speeds ! And underexpose a bit as well . . .

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I like the pic, it reminds me of Ernst Haas's stuff from the 1950s - you should try for more using slower shutter speeds ! And underexpose a bit as well . . .

I plan to try again...thanks for the extra tips....and the explanation of happenstance!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the photo is very dynamic... I think it was a great mistake Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-halli- wrote:
I like it a lot. I bet you'd find it difficult to do it again on purpose Wink

I am hoping it won't be too hard to replicate... Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your camera doesn't show the shutter speed in the viewfinder?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Quote:
Happenstance
??

Yes. As already defined by others. Sorry!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the shot, it really portrays the rough & tumble of the sport.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
Your camera doesn't show the shutter speed in the viewfinder?

It does,But I have to remember it for each photo and I never do that....for film I write everything down but not for digital... Embarassed