Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Piazza St. Stefano, Bologna
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 2:42 am    Post subject: Piazza St. Stefano, Bologna Reply with quote

M9, Biogon 2/35 - heavily cropped

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "heavily cropped" I find most amazing! This shows the excellent quality of that combo!

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
The "heavily cropped" I find most amazing! This shows the excellent quality of that combo!

Yes, the M9 (with a good lens) is a "zoom camera"
meaning that whatever crop you make (even of the 5% of a photo) results in the same image quality as if you did use a tele lens on full frame SLR Shocked

After the experience with the M9, I ask myself what the helga are companies waiting for to remove AA filter from DSLR cameras.
Sure you get the occasional moire now and then, but the benefit of the absence of filter in the other photos is, simply, invaluable:
I go around with ONE lens 35mm and I can use it as a 200 mm lens, no problem. Shocked

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Dolce vita"? very nice BW shot Orio!!

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
"Dolce vita"? very nice BW shot Orio!!

Laughing
Bologna is a city with a very important university, so really a university city (like also Pisa, Perugia) and when you go there in a working day,
like the day I was there with Carsten, you really meet a lot of students enjoying their life in the streets.
Actually in working days in Bologna you basically meet only two types of local people, the university students, and the old people (retired men, old housewives).
Both of which are very interesting categories - at least for me - as they show a lot of variety of faces and of characters,
while I find businessmen or middle aged families too standardized and predictable for good photos.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a truly appropro street image at its finest. The various conversations,
expressions, and gestures show the variety of human interaction. My eyes
tend to wander over the whole image, rather than just one area. I like
that. Smile

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence wrote:
that. Smile

Thanks Larry, that was precisely the idea I had with this image Smile

Here's another one of the same kind (and in the same piazza)
But here I have chosen to keep the colours.
Need to keep it big otherwise impossible to see faces well.
This image also quite cropped from original frame:

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence wrote:
that. Smile

Exactly. When you look at the right part of the first shot, the people there seem to be arranged! Fantastic.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, what would I give to be an undergraduate again. Wonderful captures, Orio.

I've heard of companies removing the AA from your camera. Might be useful if you're very much into cropping or detailed landscapes.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
LucisPictor wrote:

Yes, the M9 (with a good lens) is a "zoom camera"
meaning that whatever crop you make (even of the 5% of a photo) results in the same image quality as if you did use a tele lens on full frame SLR Shocked

After the experience with the M9, I ask myself what the helga are companies waiting for to remove AA filter from DSLR cameras.
Sure you get the occasional moire now and then, but the benefit of the absence of filter in the other photos is, simply, invaluable:
I go around with ONE lens 35mm and I can use it as a 200 mm lens, no problem. Shocked

Very interesting !
Great shots ! Great architecture and atmosphere !
Hope to see it in August !