Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter-9 & Pentax K-5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Jupiter-9 & Pentax K-5 Reply with quote

Hi,

today during my morning walk I have had the Pentax K-5 and a Jupiter-9 with me. Not really the right lens for landscapes etc but I never tried this lens for more than a test shot.

Today I had first time the feeling since I own this cam that the focus is ok with no front or back focus. Built-in the Katzeye screen again and removed the shim. Seems that this was the solution.

All shots with ISO 80/100 an f 2 to 4

Wink

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Rolf. I did not expect this kind of quality. Did you use lots of PP or have you won the lottery and got the best J-9 that ever left the factory??? Shocked

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Wow, Rolf. I did not expect this kind of quality. Did you use lots of PP or have you won the lottery and got the best J-9 that ever left the factory??? Shocked

Thanks Peter.

Have read some reviews that the lens is at f2 soft - or better a good portrait lens - and then with stop down at f 2.8 and more with a good sharpness. That is what I would say too. Maybe I have had luck with this one.

No more PP as with my other images too - most of them with ACR and yes - the well known sharpening tool Rolling Eyes

Wink

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great that you got your focusing screen problems sorted out Rolf.
the J-9 definitely is sharp when stopped down
these are unsharpened ( I think?? is it possible? ):

Last edited by kuuan on Sat May 21, 2011 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:

Peter, the good copies of the J9 are sharp, specially the older ones, (shiny alu finish, M39). If you pick a good copy of the lens is to keep Wink.

I had two of the modern black finish M42 copies and were not so good.

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:

Thanks again Andreas for your important input within the other thread. Your samples are great and shows the capabilities of this lens.

Do you use the macro Tak (very) often ? I have one in my Tak collection but due to the focus problems in the past (also with my K200D before) it is more sitting behind the glass (unfortunately like all other Taks too).

Wink

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the light in the second shot. Lovely image

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems you solved your problems. These are nice.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
Spotmatic wrote:

Thanks Peter.

Have read some reviews that the lens is at f2 soft - or better a good portrait lens - and then with stop down at f 2.8 and more with a good sharpness. That is what I would say too. Maybe I have had luck with this one.

The same with mine wich is a black version.
It is soft at F2 and much sharper when stopped down.

I like the second photo very much. Smile

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
kuuan wrote:

Thanks again Andreas for your important input within the other thread. Your samples are great and shows the capabilities of this lens.

Do you use the macro Tak (very) often ? I have one in my Tak collection but due to the focus problems in the past (also with my K200D before) it is more sitting behind the glass (unfortunately like all other Taks too).

Wink

you should use it Rolf, it is an extremely sharp lens!
Your K-5 has live view, so even if your focus screen is not 100% precise yet the Macro lens is best on tripod focusing with enlarged liveview anyway. It also is great for the street but I have not used mine much for the simple reason that I only can carry as many lenses on my travels. I have a 4/100 Macro Tak waiting for me in Saigon to use when I am there, the old version of the 1/50 Macro Tak which goes to 1:1 in Osaka, the one shown here in Austria and sure will get used again for shots of lenses / cameras, when I am in Austria it's not the season for flowers

why don't you use your Takumars?
ok, you have so many great lenses, maybe even better ones, but I know of a lens connoisseur who sold his Leica Elmarit 2.8/60mm Macro and kept the 4/50 Macro Tak, so if I am not mistaken now moved to the OM 3.5/50 Macro Wink and using Taks is a pleasure, isn't it?