Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Silverton
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Silverton Reply with quote

A place I last visited in 1995, about 30km from Broken Hill and likes to think of itself as the accessible outback. The hamlet/village has been used extensively by Aussie film makers. One change since my last visit was the absence of warning signs for camels being on the road. The other changes were the absence of camels wandering into town at sunset and ground cover in the way of grasses after a wet year. Progress re the missing camels?
Lens used was the CZ Flektagon 20mm @f8 on the Pentax K20.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'Day from melbourne....Fantastic images.
I've always wanted to go there, but as far as I've got is Mildura.....they tell me one has to be VERY careful of Kangaroos on the road to Broken Hill (from Mildura).
Cheers, Pickles.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful pictures John, it feels like browsing a copy of Nat Geo.
Very effective compositions and the colours feel dense but realistic, you can appreciate all the shades of the different greens (something that is lost in the landscape pictures whose saturation was boosted up).

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pickles, the Silver City Highway offers open views of the terrain. I've travelled by car and bike with no wildlife issues, slow down if you see potential road kill in the distance and don't travel by night. Some of the roadside stops are quite rewarding if you are into taking bird pics as well, which reminds me, I best post some more bird pics soon.
Orio, your compliments are appreciated. I'm not keen on PP with pictures if they don't need them.