Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

meyer optik varioplan 2.8 /100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:47 am    Post subject: meyer optik varioplan 2.8 /100 Reply with quote

This is not a new topic, so forgive me if I am posting in the incorrect section, again.
Have just received my lens as above, the second meyer, (other is oreston 1.8/50). I love this one, and the result, is fab (to an inexperienced photographer).
Thank you to everyone who is posting information as this forum is the first place I search before I place any bids. If no one gives an excellent rating, then its off my list!! Very Happy Incidentally, I paid 76.00 NZD equivalent to 95.00 USD. A bit on the pricey side?

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit soft for 95$ I would say, but impossible to tell from only one photo. Try giving more examples with different apertures and different motives. Smile

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the orestor 100/2.8 which is a nice lens. I am not familiar with the varioplan - have you an image of the lens? It certainly seems pretty good. An almost surreal look to this shot.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

could be a nice portrait lens, with softness covering imperfections on the subject's skin

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also never hear Meyer Varioplan ... can you show us a picture from lens ?

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hartmut Thiele in his book about Meyer-Optik lenses makes a list of all lens types produced by Meyer and there is no Varioplan type.
Googling I found several mentions of an Exakta Varioplan 18-28 zoom lens with M42 or Praktica bayonet, and a mention of a Varioplan 35-70 zoom, also by Exakta.
So my guess is that either the lens is an Extakta lens (not Meyer's), or more probably, that the member mis-typed the lens type, and that the lens is really a Trioplan instead.
_

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: NZ$ Reply with quote

Hi Karen!

Lovely lens. Vario usually means a zoom?

The true value of the US$ is a matter for debate, but currently, $NZ 76 gets $US 55 or so? You will be accurate in two years or so!