Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar 250mm f2 , prototype, Very RARE
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar 250mm f2 , prototype, Very RARE Reply with quote

Haven't see that before, just wanted to share (not connected in any way to this auction...) Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, it's HUGE! I think it would be little unbalanced on 5D Wink

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aero lens ?

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same thought I had, as size, focal length and especially the high f2 speed speaks for that.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazingly enough, as you can check Klaus, this very same lens (I mean very same copy of the lens), with identical serial number 187629, is featured on the first of the Hartmut Thiele's Zeiss books, on page 109.
No mention of the year of production unfortunately, and neither of the quantity (marked with a ?), which reinforces the hypothesis of the prototype.
_

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had planned to check on that too, but don't have my Thiele books handy where I am now. Thanks for looking it up Orio!!